Vestibular Migraine and Botox

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am set to get injections on Friday and I am getting freaked out. I keep reading about all of these people that felt worse after the Botox injections. I am so tried of feeling light headed but I'm not sure if I want to run the risk of feeling worse. Can anybody give me feedback after Botox injections? Did it make your light headedness better? Worse? Please I need some feedback.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Well for me I have nothing but praise for botox.  Its been marvelous.  No bad side effects at all.

• Posted

I has Botox 3 months ago and I'm going for my second lot of injections on Thursday. The 1st set did give me pain in the neck for about a month , and my actual migraines reduced in pain and length , pain level 2 or 3 and lasting maybe 2 hours for about a month . I actually felt like a brand new person for that month. Unfortunately after a month my migraines increases agin and went back to about 25 a month on an average pain scale of 8 or 9 and lasting up to 38 hours a time. My neurologist did advise it will take at least 3treatments to clarify if this will work s a long term solution . As for being lightheaded, I don't really get that, my migraines make my head really heavy so I couldn't comment on that but I would recommend the Botox from y point of view, I'll know more after Thursday when I have my next lot . Good luck

• Posted

I would never have Botox again I had it for frown lines and headache been so I'll for 5 months . Anxiety headache heavy periods the list goes on been on so many meds . I've got my own hair studio 5 gym classes a week 2 children my own home husband and amazing family and friends . Not been to gym had time of work and struggling . I want my perfect life back xxx

• Posted

Little late on this. I've had Botox 3 times. 2 different Dr's. No complications, but absolutely no relief for me.

• Posted

I had a first round of botox about 3 weeks ago. My neck was stiff and tense but that was the worst. I am still light headed but I hear it takes a few rounds to know if it will work. I go back to the doc in 2 wks I am guessing for a 2nd round.
  • Posted

Has anybody gotten any relief using Botox for Light headness?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.