Small pimple(?) on upper rim of eye?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I found a small white/yellow bump on the rim of my eye, just below my eyelashes. It is tender to the touch and when I blink it's a bit uncomfortable. Should I be worried? Or will it go away on it's own?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could be a stye. I would get a dr to examine your eye and then you will have a better idea. If it is interfering with your comfort or vision it is important to get a diagnosis.
  • Posted

Its probably a clogged meiobem gland. Can be the sign of the start of gland disfunction. Try applying a warm compress a few times. It should go away. However Id get my vision check as if it continues with more glands can be the start of dry eye. Xx
  • Posted

Sounds just like a stye. Give it a few days and see if it gets better. If no improvement after 4 days, see your GP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.