Supposable diabetic neuropathy and the one thing that changed my thoughts for 5 days.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So in 2012 I was diagnosed with diabetes, I was 37 at the time. At the same time I found out my wife and I had 2 beautiful twin boys, my neuropathy started about 2 months after my boys were born and it came on with fast rage. Fast forward to May of 2016 when I was told by a pain Doctor I had calcified type knots in my upper / middle back, so he shoots me up with cortisone shots in those knots (6 knots). My back instantly felt better and no sooner than stepping off of the elevator after having the shots my neuropathy was completely gone, I quickly went back up at spoke with the Doctor explaining what had happened and he told me that was impossible..... That just doesn't connect medically! I quickly said, well I'm your new test dummy.... Let's figure it out!

I've seen neurologists, primary care and pain doctors about this and none of them want to investigate, they all just say it's impossible. Anyone out there that can help me understand this? The shots only lasted 5 days and my neuropathy and back pain are back.... And they are mad at me!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Five whole days no pain must have been just wonderful! I do not understand being mad at you. All of your Drs?  If so that is very sad. I have never had same results the shots would help a little but no solution for me.  I  f you could get it figured out it could really help you out! I read an article that helped me a lot. Warrior that is what we (you) have to be to face all of the issues.  I hope you can reason w your medical support team. Not everything is black and white there is much grey in all of this. Good luck. Remember if it happened it happened! 
  • Posted

Have your B6 tested. Make sure you aren't taking any vitamins with b6 without being tested for toxicity. It can cause those symptoms and is commonly given to diabetics when it actually causs neuropathy.

• Posted

Hi, did they freeze the area before you got the shot?

When I had cortisone or other meds injected I was so excited, no pain, no limp, nothing but extreme excitement! Then several

days later it was bang, all the pain etc. was back.

Could this be what happened to you? Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.