Withdrawal. I need advice/help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

3 weeks ago I reduced my venlafaxine again.

This time it was reduced from 75mg in the morning/37.5mg in the evening to 37.5mg am&pm.

So total reduction of 37.5mg a day.

I had the usual withdrawal symptoms, dizziness, shock type pains in the head, irritability, anxiety.

This last few days though I have generally felt sad and anxious a lot throughout the day/night.

How long does it take for my body/mind to react to this withdrawal???

This is the first time that I've real felt I have noticed a difference. It's been 3 weeks though?? I though I'd got away with it but these last few days have been tough? Is that the withdrawal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you read all the previous posts on this, it can take up to a year.  The withdrawal symptoms are just horrible.  You have to taper very, very slowly....After reading all of this, I am scared to death to try and stop Venlafaxine.  I am on 225 Mg.  and from what I have read, it is almost impossible to stop because of the terrible and never-ending withdrawal symptoms.....
  • Posted

I am not quite certain I understand. The best way to do it is go down 37.5 mg a day for a week. Then if you go down to 18.5 for a week. I do this with a pill splitter because I had tablets not capsules. I had some dizziness but it has passed and I am fine. Good luck.
  • Posted

This is certainly how I have been but I am reducing from 37.5 to 0.  I would discuss with Doc as maybe option to boost once a week 75mg a.m. then carry on with 37.5. Try only doing the 75 when you get to the point where you are at your lowest. I am trying only to take a tablet when absolutely have to - my Doc says this is best way as we all know our own bodies and limits. So far I have managed between 8 and 10 days but I do notice Day 7 is clincher and it takes a lot of will power to keep going. It also depends on what is going on round about me. Stick in there and do read some of the tips - I have taken the Benedryl and found it helps - whether psychologically or not, I don't care - definitely got me further without 'fix. Exercise, fluids and multi vitamins have also made going that little bit further easier. I now go for a walk when I get tearful and have bought a camera so I look for things to snap when out and this has made me feel better too as I upload and edit the crap ones out when I come home. It has to be simple though as I find I can stress out with techy things and that can excacerbate symptoms. Hope that helps and good luck. The best thing about this site is,  'we know we are normal in what we are experiencing'. That was the best info ever. The second best thing was being able to talk about it, Hang in there we are all rooting for you.

• Posted

Hi Leanne

I reduced Ven from 75mg recently to 50mg by removing beads from the capsule. It's been about 3-4 weeks and I've had some horrible days. This week for two days have been the worst by far. I've had a lot of family around me that don't have a clue or give any support. I have cried so hard and have felt at my lowest in a very long time.

Yesterday and today I took 75mg and immediately felt better.

What to do??!

I rang a rehab clinic in desperation but the cost of a week was £4000.

Sooooo I will continue on my merry way until I'm brave enough to drop again.

Big hug xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.