Doctors do ivade the truth

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yes GP's do underestimate there clients, we are not stupid , we know the side effects of certain Drugs but GP's have to be very careful about what they say & do, its all to do with protecting each other plus the Hypocratic Oath, it is protection of each other, & they will not jeapardise each other.

I tried to sue a Consultant the one time, it was against me from the start the so called independent GP'S spoke nearly word for word with every other Consultant supposed to be the opposition to them. My Lawyer said to me they all stick together & it is very hard to win a Medical Case which has gone terribly wrong. Jackie

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, sorry it's me again but I'm going crazy, all these weeks and I think it's getting worse. Restless leg is a huge problem at the minute, and ideas. How long does it take to get over these withdrawal problems?

Heather

• Posted

Hi HEATHER I have been on AMITRYPTALINE for 20yrs plus.

I came off them about 3 1/2 months ago, now I am on PROZAC 20mg twice a day & one 5mg Diazapan at night.

I have voluteered to see an ANXIETY NURSE & she has taught me to relax my body with slow breathing  slow THREE BREATHS IN ==== HOLD IT FOR 2 ==== THEN THREE OUT  AGAIN,,,,,, continue this until you relax & you feel heavy. The restless legs you have to think about & continuously say KEEP STIL, mine are worse in bed at night. Alot of this is trying to unlearn all the bad things that AMITRYPTALINE does to you. I have been told the longer I have been on them the longer the withdrawal symtoms will go on. So my estimate will be a year to 18months to clear my body of them. They are so ADDICTIVE & the withdrwal is terrible, a few times I nearly gave in , but, I must not as they have caused me KIDNEY DAMAGE plus STROKE. It effects the brain & treats the brain & causes so much damage the longer I take them. I will persevere, I want my life back without being controlled by AMITRYPTALINE.

Jackie Take Care & keep writing to me if it helps you as it does me .

x

• Posted

Hello , that is very strange, the same happened to me with a Consultant I tried to sue & my Lawyer also told me the same words exactly  ( they all stick together ) every CONSULTANT SUPPOSEDLY INDEPENDENT was just about word for word the same, I never expected to win but, I ws told the CONSULTANT concerned would be pullled over the very HOT COALS by the enquiry, THEY make them have a bad time behind closed doors. So, you have that one up on them, all the interrogation  that goes on for days.

I Know alot of this because my youngest daughter was a LEGAL SECRETARY to a MEDICAL LAWYER who told her the CONSULTANTS & GPs do not have an easy time behind closed doors, & they are treated quite rough.

So your Consultant & mine may have won but, it would not be easy for them & they would have been reprimanded.

SHOUTED AT & HARRASSED.

GOOD.

Hope you feel better with this bit of extra knowledge

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.