Venalfaxine - my whole body feels dead

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there

I've been on 150 mg Venalfaxine for about a month but had really bad night sweats so my doctor decided to wean me off over 4 weeks.

I was on 112,5 mg for about 8 days when my entire body started feeling completely numb like when you go to the dentist. This is really very very scary- I can't feel anything. Has anyone experienced this? Will it get better? Been 10 days without any change. I have 4 days left on 37,5 mg before I will stop completely.

Please help!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hia my word wouldn't of thought you would have WD like that after a month. Iv been on 225 for 3-4 months iv took it right down to 75mg be a week tomorrow ..I did go 2days without wasn't my best idea.. my head feels horid & my hands arnt steady what so ever.. cnt say iv noticed any sweats today either .. I havnt been good on them from the beginning stupidly tried my hardest for them to work . Preasure by the phyciatrist ?? I'm also taking zopiclone to sleep aswel. Iv not heard your side effect maybe ring your gp .

• Posted

I've not experienced this, but sounds scary, have you spoken to a doctor?

• Posted

I have been to many doctors.  They don't want to hear it or don't believe it....The keep telling me my sweating is from menopause.  It is not....I only found out from this Patient website that sweating is from Venlafaxine..And I also found out that quitting it is almost impossible.  The doctors so NOTHING!!!

• Posted

If you read all the posts here, the withdrawals are just awful, horrific and unbearable.  One lady said she had to taper down slowly for over a year and she still had withdrawals.  I too, sweat terribly!  Not at night, but all day long I get drenched in sweat!  I hate it!  I want to stop Venlafaxine so I will stop sweating, but from what I have been reading it is just awful trying to stop....I am so scared of the withdrawals that I think I have to stay on this drug!  UGH!
  • Posted

Hi Mari

I had the same thing, mine has completely gone. I've been on Ven for 3 months now and took about 2 months for the sweats to stop and the numbness has only just stopped.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

I am confused Neil.  You are on Ven for 3 months and your sweating has stopped???  I have been on Ven for 14 years (225 mg a day) and my sweating has never stopped.  That is the reason I want to get off the drug so that I will stop sweating buckets...Taking the drug makes me and others sweat terribly!
    • Posted

Hi Jackie

Yeah it's almost gone, it's been hot the last few nights but the sweating I had I was soaking now hardly anything. What other drugs do you take??

Thanks Neil xx

• Posted

I don't take any other drugs...Oh...I do take a pill for high cholesterol..  So are you on Ven or getting off of it???

• Posted

I don't take any other drugs...Oh...I do take a pill for high cholesterol..  So are you on Ven or getting off of it???

• Posted

I've been taking Ven for nearly 3months. 3x75mg I just wish I didn't feel so tired all the time, I'm in bed about 18 hours a day.

thanks x

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback. I'm taking my last dose tomorrow and pray that I will get better soon. Never thought a small pill could have such terrible side affects. Seeing doc again end of the month. Doctors should be very careful when prescribing Ven - not for everyone.

• Posted

Your so right mari ... I found mirtazapine even worse for side effects . Was my last pill 3 nights ago after a week of tapering & 2nights without I start citrolpram tonight ?? I think they push pills on cost myself after this experience ?? good luck x

• Posted

Perhaps I should stop taking Mirt to see how I get on, it might be this that's making things worse. xx

• Posted

You have to taper Neil don't do it over night itl make you so much worse. I learnt the hard way thanks to the phyciatrist. This system is all wrong I was told to taper off ven as I'm starting cit today. My doc just rang said I'm to stay on ven until I see pdr Tues. . Yey I got a call off the cpn saying to stop the ven altogether on wed.. Iv been so ill the past 2days for my dr to say he hasn't been informed of no such thing. My gawdddd ???? my head is pounding today ??

• Posted

Blimey Sharon, talk about confusing you! It's awful! The lack o communication between healthcare professionals is shocking! People are suffering because of it. Hope you get it sorted without too much discomfort to you xx

• Posted

Iv had this for 7/8 months now.. its not just me suffering my 3years old son is being neglected through it .the worst thing is they no this . I wish to god I'd never took medication, was never put in the system. You can't complain about the pdr treatment just ask to be referred which I have done so, only to find there giving me the same 1 from when I was pregnant that i didn't feel comfortable with at all I actually ran out of his office crying.. talk about adding to injury ..can't cope at all atm . Thankyou xx

• Posted

Terrible, so sorry you're suffering, it's not good enough xx

• Posted

Hi Sharon

Big hugs..... I know how you feel, I think that we could be worse without the tablets even though we feel like crap and have panic attacks. But your right you don't know if your coming or going. I'm in your shoes Sharon and remember I'm always here, if you ever want to chat privately.

xxxx

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.