Pain Post RD Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had cataract surgery two weeks ago followed by a second surgery to remove the remnants of a cataract. I was prescribed Lortan for pain but omy took two for that was all I needed. Today I had RD surgery and I was prescribed Tylenol 3 which is not working for me. I calley the surgeons office and left a messaage. All I can do is wait for them to return my call.

I took one Tylenol 3 four hours ago. I want to switch back to the Lortab which is a stronger pain med. I called my pharmacist and he said to wait until tonight but I don't think I can hold out that long.

Moments appreciated thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I would take whatever pain relief you need ( so long as it's a safe dose ) even if you were prescribed it for the first op, so long as it doesn't interfere in a negative way. 

I know how painful eye pain is, I've just recovered from having my cornea scraped for recurrent abrasion syndrome last week. The only meds that helped were the eye anaesthetic drops. I was told to use them sparingly and to try to cope...not possible in my case it was agony. Just do what you need to.

• Posted

Hi, you should not have any pain from cataract if it was done wright,

you should be carefull on using tylenol 3 because the side effect of it is it effect the liver. my recommendation is to go to the doctor or to the hospital As soon as possible let them get intouch with your doctor it will be faster this way. you do not have to put up with the pain the way you are. hope every thing will go well soon. Please let me know how is the progress.

• Posted

Thanks for the posts.

I started with the Tylenol 3 for three doses and went to plain Tylenol since.

I had a check up with my Retinologist and he said all looked good. He also used C3f8. Has any one had any experience with this material?

I also still have pain and using Tylenol. I was told this was normal and healing would take 6-8 weeks.

Comments appreciated, thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.