Frozen shoulder

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had decompression surgery which has now frozen my shoulder having MUA next week and I'm getting intense shooting pains from front of the elbow to my shoulder and in my shoulder, anyone else getting this? Keeps me up all night ??

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Anne. I've had that same thing. It's very painful. Mine was caused by the long anchor tendon. I couldn't use that arm at all. Ice Ice Ice that arm. Let it rest. It will take awhile but it will get better.

• Posted

Thanks contain, very hard to sleep or do anything, some people say ice some say heat very confusing! I'm having MUA for my frozen shoulder next week do you think it will help the shooting pains?

• Posted

I'm not familiar with MUA.  I was determined to fix this without surgery or other procedures.  My PT had instructed ice and then warm heat, 12 to 15 min for each.  I just do ice now.  I am curious on how the MUA turns out.

• Posted

I got the shooting pains when I first got frozen shoulder! After 2 weeks of pt they basically stopped! I still have frozen shoulder but rarely get the shooting pains that drop you to your knees! Did u do pt at all? How long have you had the frozen shoulder?
    • Posted

Hi Alison, my frozen shoulder started soon after my decompression surgery about 4 months ago, had the shooting pains ever since, worse at night they are like electric shocks, I'm having MUA next week and hoping it will sort out frozen shoulder and shooting pains!!

• Posted

Also Alison I've been to pt and hydro but stopped as it was too painful

• Posted

Ya I have just been sticking to the pt 3 times a week and I have a dynasplint! Pt is crazy painful and after they get it all stretched out on the car ride home I can literally feel it tighten back up it feel like someone poured cement on it! I can't to the mua because I just had my bicep attached into the bone and they are afraid it will get ripped out! Let me know how it goes I hope the pains go away! I think there is a good chance because like I said I had them but after a few painful manipulations in pt they stopped!

• Posted

I let you know how it goes Alison, hope you're feeling better! I'll update after MUA

Fingers crossed :-)

• Posted

Yup started after my second cortisone shot. If it doesn't stop after mua asked for a muscle relaxant. Mine got much better after mUa but muscle relaxant helped mine finally end.

• Posted

Decompression surjery causes a painful stiff shoulder never a frozen shoulder.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply frozen stiff, can you tell me the difference!! I'm having MUA next week but I'm agreeing with you and not sure if I need it??

• Posted

Frozen shoulder is a condition passed from one generation to another. It came from the Vikings.  It produces a very tight and painfull capsule which gets better in time.  With shoulders it is either a capsular condition or something else. A capsular pattern is so much limitation of abduction, more limitation of lateral rotation, less limitation of medial rotation. Post surgery I would think the restriction would not be from the campsule but from the soft tissues that were cut and thus not a pattern of capsular restriction. That said perhaps the only way of stretching out the scar tissue is by manipulation. Hope you get a good result.
    • Posted

I'm not sure I agree on any website or any ortho dealing in frozen shoulder it is very clear you can get it from surgery! I think there is only one person who believes the theory of Vikings? Anyway good luck to you and keep me posted!

• Posted

I agree Alison

I had decompression surgery on my shoulder

It got badly inflamed so couldn't move it

Thats why my shoulder got frozen!

So to summarise

Operation - inflammation - frozen ;-)

• Posted

Anne, hear is what I think. Firstly only one person in six who are diagnosed with FS actually have it. You can see why so many patients writing here are unhappy with their treatments and outcomes. FS is a disease in it'self. Decompresion of a shoulder does not according to anatomy and surgery articles involve the joint capsule where as we know the adhesion take place with FS. An operation on the shoulder causes scar tissue and this as it heals shrinks and the shoulder becomes immobile, If you believe this is a frozen shoulder then it will take several years to recover.

?Every other post operative joint in the body  is called pot op stiffness, why not the shoulder  

• Posted

alison, I shall let you know about the Vikings in the next few days. In the meantime anyone who had or has a a non traumatic as they say idopathic frozen shoulder have other than blue eyes?
    • Posted

Viking thing is interesting and I actually do have blue eyes and fs came out of the blue (lol)

Curious do you have a medical background ?

• Posted

I had a medical back ground of sorts, 63 years ago  a first aid course  in the medical corps as a  National Serviceman. Made me  find out everything I could about any condition I got since then, especially my shoulders, knees and half a dozen fractures. The more you know the better the treatment you will get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.