Has anybodies periods stopped due to fibroids?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was told I had a 5cm fibroid in pregnancy. I now have a healthy 1 year old and the fibroid died off. I since had a 6cm cyst that has resolved itself. I was also told my cysts look polycystic but my bloods don't confirm this...

Today my GP said my scan showed fibroids. I was at the GP as I haven't had a period in 9 weeks. I can't be pregnant, tests are negative and I have been sterilised.

So can fibroids stop periods? My cycle has been varied from 5-7 weekly. This is the longest without one. Usually they are heavy and painful. At the moment I have deep pelvic pain all the time and am utterly fed up. I was told to go back in a month if my period hasn't arrived!!?????

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would say that's very unusual, most often fibroids cause heavy bleeding and also bleeding between periods, so have never heard of them stopping periods. But maybe someone else has a similar experience and will let us know. Wish you all the best.

• Posted

may I know how old you are? are you in menopausal stage?If yes might be the reason
    • Posted

No, you would be getting hot flushes and no pain. Sounds more like ovarian cysts or a fibroid in an awkward place. But that doesn't explain the lack of period. Strange! Hope your gp can sort it out for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.