Anyone have experience with Gabapentin for all over burning pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the last month I have gone from having tremors in my legs to a burning sensation that has moved to my arms, chest, back and face. Overall weakness. Can't go anywhere. No energy. I can't sleep most night because it is worse after I go to asleep. I tried amitriptyline and it seemed to make it worse. I actually was given a prescription of klonodine for all the anxiety with it. I am veryvmed sensitive so I put off taking it. I tried a small amount a few days ago and I actually slept some and noticed I didn't have as much burning pain in the morning. Has anyone had any experience with either klonopin or gabapentin for this type of pain?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Naomi, I take Gaberpentin for nerve pain and thou i feel tired it calmed the nerve pain. I also take Amitriptyline for night time to help with sleep. I have heard good and bad about both these drugs. Everybody is different , what one can toleraate another will not. It can be trial and error. The other side effect i have from taking Gaberpentin is weight gain which i am not happy about. I hope you find what suits you.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Do you have burning type feeling in your body with your nerve pain?
    • Posted

Yes i do have a burning feeling with the nerve pain. Also have shooting pain with the knee locking which is nerve pain from lots of operations, the nerves are damaged so nothing can help apart from drugs. I have had the left knee replaced twice and had Septic arthritis since being a young child. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.