Headaches plus other symptoms feeling v scared...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I have never been one for headaches apart from in my last pregnancy.

I started with constant headaches 5 months ago but this co-incided with starting a new drug for anxiety called citalopram. I just put it down to a side effect but rather than it get better after time it has got worse to the point I decided to quite quickly come off the tablets after 4 months of these headaches.

The headaches are like a heavy head/dull pressure type pain. Its over whole head but worst behind eyes. It felt alot like eye strain.

After coming off the tablets headaches are even worse I thought due to withdrawal symptoms but its now four weeks after stopping.

I also have an awful stiff neck and pain into lower skull. Lower back pain, flashes of sudden dizziness especially when moving my eyes.

I have this headache 24/7 it never goes not even with extra strong pain killers.

It is worse at night and in morning and when I wake and turn on side I feel really nauseous.

I have bad brain fog feeling like I can't get on with anything and trouble looking after two demanding young kids as I am in constant pain.

Has anyone else suffered these same symptoms, constant headache, head pressure, nausea and dizziness?

I'm so scared that there is something not right and have been to the doctors who are going to refer me to neurologist. However my hospital is under staffed and have been told waiting list could be over 6 months they are not even sure if they are taking on new patients. sad

So not sure where this leaves me?

From a v scared mummy sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

First pray to God let him have it. Second every where you go its along wait for a neurologist visit. I have the same symptoms due from my head injury I had from work in Nov 2015. Med flighted to hospital. They flew a neurosurgeon in from UAB. Told my wife I had fractured skull real bad brusing and bleeding of brain contusion concussion and subdermal hematoma. I don't remember any of it. I recovered from it but was having symptoms. Went to my family doctor. He ordered mri. He said he seen spot on brain he said he was 98% sure it was enciphilmalia. Scaring of brain easy terms and it was from the subdermal hematoma from injury. Its a part of the brain that dies. He said he wasn't a neurologist so law kept him from saying a 100% sure but he said I'd have concussion like symptoms rest of my life. He said I had real bad anxiety from it also. He sent me to a neurologist. The neurologist said it was scaring of brain that I'd have concussion like symptoms rest of like but he said unless I injured my head again the scaring of brain will not get any worse. He said by time 1 year rolls around the neurons in brain should rerouted themselves and I should be back to normal. He did say it rarley happens but 3% chance that part of brain rejuvenates itself. He said if not I'd be OK live a full lifr . watch my 4 year old son and 7 year old daughter grow up. God will take care of you. And for anxiety get your doctor to prescribed ativan. I take 0.5 mg as needed and it helps.

• Posted

Oh dear poor you, sounds awful!

Thanks for your reply I have no idea whats causing mine as I have had no accidents?

It just started when I started the meds for anxiety? But now off those its even worse with daily head pain pressure and nausea?

• Posted

Side effects from anxiety medicine can last awhile. That is why they say don't quit cold turkey. The doctor lowers your dosage week to week to get you off it. I hope you find out what is wrong and its nothing serious. Remember pray to God

• Posted

You need to have an MRI scan also get your eyes tested its probably nothing it could even be hormonal. But you need to get it checked could it be your sinuses x
  • Posted

Hey I wud suggest u pray god and go for an MRI everything will b f9
  • Posted

Hi Lucy.

First of all I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the citalopram, might just be coincidence.

Your symptoms sounds very much like mine. Look up sphenoid sinusitus. It's the sinus cavity deep behind you nose and eyes. It's a condition that's often missed by doctors.

In my opinion, if symptoms persist you need to see an ENT and get a CT scan. If it is that it is treatable. I've had my problem for over a year and a half but will have an operation soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.