Extremely concerned

Posted , 2 users are following.

It started during my 8th month of pregnancy last year. My right ear seemed like it was full of water all the time and I began to have very loud ringing in both ears. I thought maybe it was just an ear infection. I took antibiotics for it and it did not go away. Around this same time, I began to have numbness in my scalp. I couldn't feel it. I thought it was due to the pregnancy but after I had my child I got worse. I felt like I couldn't breath, had shooting chest pains,my heart seemed to slow to almost nothing when I would lay down to sleep, it was impossible for me to sleep as I had become afraid to do so. I was diagnosed with walking Pneumonia two months from the start of these symptoms. When I got better, I developed a sore throat that has not gone away. That was 5 months ago. For the better part of this year, I have gone from symptom to symptom with no break. Aches and pains that I've never felt even in my bones. I'm only 28 years old and very active. I'm afraid that all of these symptoms are somehow related to my throat and that all along I have had cancer and that my body has been shutting down as a result. My ears continue to ring on the side that hurts, the glands are swollen there, the sternocleidomastoid muscle has been sore there for weeks. I go to see an ENT next friday and I'm very afraid.Has anyone been diagnosed with cancer that had come down with constant symptoms like this? Was there neck muscle pain? I don't know what to make of the last several months and what I've experienced. I don't smoke,  but my husband does in our home. I think if I was told it was throat cancer, I would be very upset as my husband thinks I'm a hypochondriac even though I know something is wrong. Nothing makes any sense anymore and I'm trying not to think about this everyday, but it just won't let up and I'm panicking.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did u have a cold. Allergies. When ear started. I have had that and it went away. Inhave constant rhinitis. Sinus problems.

My sore throat is lingual tonsilitis. Disgnosed by ENT. Was one sided. But u can feel swelling from outside the neck. Where my tonsils were. Is mass tissue. And its so very painful. Last 2 times lasted 14-18 weeks. This time its both sides. Post infection.

The ENT will rule out cancer hopefully. With th endoscope they can see cells

Oddly my hisband smokes outside but i walk thru it when i take dogs out or out washing on or off line.

Have had 2 ENT's say my allergy probs wont go away until he quits.

• Posted

Re my 84 yo mother. Was convinced she had throat cancer. She just quit smoking.

She has lost her voice. Had pain down one side of neck. Has tinnitus in one ear.

She had ent put endoscope up nose down throat. She has had it over 12 weeks. Throat was not even red. Tonsils were fine.

Xray with barium meal. Next day xray. Of neck. No contrast dye needed. No cancer. But they dont know why she has voice problems. She is gaving MRI of brain for Tinitus.

Did u know MS starts often after pregnancy. Point being its a stressor to the body.

Mum has smoked 60 years.

I had to stand strong to get my husband to smoke outside. My nose is affected by deoderant spray. Toilet spray. His smoking.

It would not be fair would it. Surely he is not smoking inside when baby is born

Look at post nasal drip. Anxiety

Let us know how u get on

• Posted

I have found info on post nasal drip on web med. it mentions pregnancy b
    • Posted

Rhonda, did you mother have more than one swollen lymph node? The reason I'm so concerned as it started out as one lymph node. I don't know if I aggravated the other nodes by feeling them,but they are now swollen as well. This is all weird to me being that since I been dealing with this, I've been feeling that area for months checking to see if the other node was going down or not and the other nodes never swelled until now.

Also, I do have an update. I went to the dentist and I have an infection in the lower right wisdom tooth on the same side that has the sore throat and lymph nodes. I believe I had it for a while longer than a couple of years probably. He said that might be it,but I'm wondering 'why now' all of a sudden. I want so badly to write this off as being a symptom of the wisdom tooth, but as I've stated there have been too many things happening in this short period of time to say so. I go to see an ENT this friday and I'm  sweating bullets. I hope she says she sees nothing, then I will bug my GP for a thyroid test. I believe the pregnancy and birth triggered my body to turn on itself. This is when all of this started. I'm desperate to figure it all out. Everything has changed. In one week I remember looking in the mirror and I looked sick. Everyone notices. I've become so depressed by all of this.

• Posted

my mum has had nothing show up at all. so all is clear for her for throat cancer.. she does not look well.  she has had MRI of brain recently. no swollen lymph node.. do you have that ?

it sounds like your tooth could be causing bacteria of the mouth.

​have you tried antibiotics yet ? 

​when pregnant your immune system is down.  MS is also triggered by pregnancy . but would be coming anyway.. the symptoms just get worse. if you understand what i am saying ?

​ENT can only put the scope up your nose down your throat. look for GERD.   post nasal drip.   ie is your voice affected ??

​cancer of throat affects voice. despite having nothing show up. mums voice is very much affected - so we dont understand why .. or what is going on with her.

​he sent her for CT Scan with barium meal for throat. watched her swallow etc.  and X ray of neck with provision to have contrast dye. but he did not use it.

​then MRI is the last thing. we get results of that on monday next week.

• Posted

so that is mum. now for me - i had a sore throat for 18 weeks last year. and then again this year after going to dentist. just on one side.

the endoscope went up nose and down throat, second ENT found i had the base where tonsils were are swollen and huge.. i wondered about cancer but he looked at the cells and they were definately tonsil related. you can feel tonsils from outside of throat. they are huge and red.

​i can actually see them now i know what to look for.  and when i swallow they hurt. this one is after a cold.

​i have had this 3 times now awlays lasts 18 weeks approx.. i have a break of a few months and i felt great.. tihs time is both sides.

all the best, please let me know what the ENT says.

if your glands are up it usually means your immune system is working.

​mine does not work. i have me.CFS, and my bloods show a dysfunctional immune system. 

​BUT I AM SOO OVER THE PAIN.

​( my mum is as well. but hers is different to mine)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.