Newly diagnosed and feeling bad

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've just been diagnosed after months of eternal gp appointments and itching! Lots of skin rash, my legs, arms, chest area, wrists, palms if hands, and ankles all covered in the rash. Started Dermovate yesterday and I'm feeling so down.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So sorry I was down but relieved to find out what it was.

But be grateful it's not in the mouth cause I have it there and that's much worse. The only thing is I still do not how or how long etc. That peeves me off. My back cleared and my feet but for some reason I feel it's coming back but my mouth has not.. I want this hone I have read and read and Googled and not getting much info.

This forum has been awesome. Ask questions please will reply. If u kmow of anything that will help and does eork let me know

• Posted

Hi Mandy

I've been using Dermovate to, can understand you're feeling down, same with me. Takes ages to apply, about an hour! My spots are about the same as yours except I have them also on the soles of my feet. Try not to scratch as it spreads them difficult I know! I have been given Zero Gel to apply 10 minutes before Dermovate, but only on the bigger clusters of spots, but the ones left take forever to apply.

• Posted

Hi suffer with it under my feet all way up to my knees I also it in my mouth n my arms n my stomach can u recomened to anything to ease the itching cos I making a right mess now x
  • Posted

Try Piriton tablets, they really helped me to stop the itch. Just one a day, although I took mine before going to bed.
  • Posted

Hi Mandy, I myself have recently been diagnosed also and my Dr. Suggested an allergy pill for the itching and also prescribed me a steroidal foam to apply to the break outs as they appear. The allergy pill has helped tremendously. I take it at night before bed and it has helped a lot. The allergy pill helps with sleeping too.I've seen no new breakouts since this combo. Best suggestion I can give is stay calm and stress free as much as possible as this seems to play a role in breakout.

God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.