HIPATITIS A

Posted , 4 users are following.

Blood work came back positive for Hepatits A. Re doing test .Has abyone had hepatitis A and what was the sysmtoms? I have right rib pain and more.Thank you in advance.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sadly yes. Although my was quite an extreme case.

I had severe diarrhoea and vomiting. I couldn't bring any more up as I had even brought up the bile from my stomach.

I ended up in hospital again on a drip to keep me hydrated and anti sickness medication, to stop me being sick.

They gave me an ultrasound to look at my liver, as my blood was showing it under severe stress and I was getting jaundiced. It showed my liver to be swollen, but fortunately not dangerously so.

This was all after a hip replacement, so due to a fresh wound, the medical staff were extremely concerned. I was previously discharged on the Tuesday and then readmitted via A&E on Wednesday afternoon. I ended in hospital for a further five nights, in an isolation room.

I was warned that some of the symptoms are likely to repeat over the next six months. But not to be concerned as it is self limiting and I can't catch it again.

• Posted

Hello Melinda... I too was diagnosed with Hep A a month ago and suffer from a variety of symptoms. It started with nausea and a yellow diarrhea after every meal. The headaches are bad. I have lost my apetite and can feel my liver swollen. My skin is very itchy... Hives and whelps appear all over my body. Also, I have bad facial and body acne. I also feel swollen neck glands and head swelling. The only thing my doctor prescribed was a vaccine. I have been sick for almost 6 months. The doctors kept diagnosing me with urinary tract infections and kidney stones. I want to feel better. Hope you feel better as well.
    • Posted

Keeping well hydrated is the priority, if you still have the main symptoms. It will help with the headaches, your liver and skin.

I was diagnosed seven weeks ago now. The vomiting and diarrhoea has for the most part gone, but I still get odd days with diarrhoea. My skin is also starting to improve at last.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for the advice Jack

I had never felt so ill

I went through many blood tests and everything would come back negative. I thought I had cancer or other major diseases and was finally able to name my illness.

I will certainly hydrate myself

Take care and God bless you

• Posted

It does improve, I can assure you.  I was on a drip for a week to sort the hydration.  On one day they couldn't even get any blood out, as my veins were so shrunk from dehydration.

That was all nearly seven weeks ago now, I still get the occasional bad day, bu tnothing that really gets in the way.

Good luck and hopefully it will be over soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.