Klonopin and Alcohol - Crap!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so this is a complete idiotic mistake - so I hope I've made myself clear that I will NEVER attempt this again...

After a good bought of sobriety...

I relapsed a few months ago and am back to pretty heavy drinking and withdraw/abuse symptoms that landed me in the ER many times now.

I was prescribed 7 klonopin. I never took them because my withdrawl symptoms subsided and it was past the three day Mark...

I knew mixing benzos with alcohol was a no no.

I made the decision to quit drinking and made a doctors appointment for tomorrow. This morning I woke up at 7am

I had a bit of white wine - I was very jittery and felt sick. Then decided not to drink and to just take one .5 mg of klonopin. I did that at about 2pm.

I felt nothing from the klonopin - even after an hour...no ease of anxiety or hear rate... So I decided to have a bit of wine.

All told I had about 4 glasses. With liquids and some food.

I didn't feel drunk. Or buzzed. Or tired...

I came home and started having more anxiety and shakiness - but didn't want to take more pills...

It's 1am now...

I researched how long this benzo stays in your system - I was thinking like 8-10 hours.... But like 40?!?!

This made me look up interactions and now I am completely panicking....

I don't want to try to fall asleep for fear I will stop breathing..

I don't want to drink more alcohol for fear of the interaction people are saying you need to wait DAYS before drinking again after taking it...

I'm also afraid that I'm going cold turkey now so I will have withdrawl symptoms as I have a past of complex ones...

I have a doctor apt in the AM but again I don't want to even fall asleep! My boyfriend is snoring away like a long and literally is not concerned.

I am an idiot... I know.

I really want to make this one count but I'm afraid I won't wake up to do it!!!

Anyone???

😞😞😞

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Take more clonazepam! 0.5 mg is for mice.

You'll feel better!

• Posted

I'm sure it is - I mean I know that's a low dose but I've never taken benzos before - other than supervised to detox... I hate taking pills - go figure!

Still can't sleep.

Self medicating with pills scares the crap out of me... I mean how much is too much?!

Just hoping I don't have a seizure before my appointment at 9:30am.

😓

• Posted

Well, that's a very good reason to take 2mg clonazepam!

Max dose allowable is 2mg four times a day.

|You only have a few 0.5mg. so take four of them

I'm a Registered nurse, by the way.

|love Tess xxx

• Posted

Man... I am such a scaredy cat.

Thank you for the advice.

I'm considering taking .25 mg more to see if that helps at all...?

I am very sensitive to medication.

I know that I probably need it but honestly unless someone hands it to me in an ER and I'm forced to take it I worry I've made the wrong choice or something bad will happen... I guess the anxiety is both the reason for the alcoholism and the cause of it.

• Posted

Also - I guess I should add that I'm waiting to figure out if I should go to the ER for one IV of Valium so I don't have some serious withdrawal symptoms - then go to my GP for a more extended detox plan ... Or just go to my GP considering I haven't slept and look like hell and I have no idea how long it's going to take.... And if I can even make it a few more hours!!!

sad

I keep relapsing and I'm sure they think it's some sort of drug seeking behavior - which it only is to relieve myself of this awful detox and try to get back to complete sobriety.

Alcohol was the only drug I ever used and it's been using me for far too long!

• Posted

Klonopin stops seizures! That's why it was invented although it's now  also used for anxiety.

Take the 2mg! Or end up in the ER for an IV of valium if you have a seizure!

• Posted

I ended up going to the ER yesterday morning...

I got an IV of Valium - and was sent home with 25 5mg tablets and a taper schedule.

I took them as prescribed (1-2 per six hours as needed) but couldn't sleep, was super dizzy, heavy chest, hard to breathe dizzy, disoriented and anxiety ridden.

Felt better this morning, then took my morning dose and started shaking, dizzy hard to breathe again and anxiety...

Not sure am I not talking enough or am I somehow sensitive or allergic? Isn't Valium supposed to. All anxiety and insomnia?!

I feel so stupid and alone.

Sorry, thanks for responding - I know this is so frustrating for people to watch but so scary to be feeling...

sad

• Posted

+supposed to relieve anxiety and insomnia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.