Low frequency spinal cord stimulator

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, wondering if I can get some advice, today after a very long wait I have had my implant for my 2 week trial of the spinal cord stimulator. I have a low frequency one so you feel the tingling sensation.

I was ok for the first few hours, but after they set the program and I had it on for over 1 hour I have developed very bad headache, and feeling sick and clammy, the Dr have decided to keep me in but they have said its nothing to do with the SCS and won't be a spinal tap problems they don't place the leads in the Spainal cord.

Just wondering if anyone has had issues like this and can guide me a little, I know its first day but if I'm going to get headaches like this then I would rather it be removed.

Many thanks in advance

George

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Side effects from anesthesia? So many people have I've seen, and heard from get symptoms you've described... Even weeks later... Possible thats whats going on?

• Posted

Hi Glx

Thanks for your post, on this occasion I had this procedure done under a local anestetic in to the skin so was awake the whole procedure, they decided I don't need sedation or a GA. I do wish they hadn't talked me in to it as I got lots of sharp bursts of pain due to them hitting the nerves and sometimes bone.

Regards

George

• Posted

I had what was called the "twilight" sleep when I got the trial done. I was awake during some if the surgery, but so out of it, that I honestly felt like I was completely under. I hope it resolves? I sadly had to have my trial pulled after the 3rd day as the leads moved slightly and i had HORRIBLE sciatic pain... Guess it was touching a nerve. Maybe thats whats happening with you? After-all, doctors dont know 100% in-depth - the intricacies of 'nerves' and how each one, and each patient can present crazy, unique type symptoms!

• Posted

Thank you, I will see this morning got about 2 hrs sleep, ended up turning the device of in the end, but now i have the headache permanently and been sick a lot overnight. Seeing the consultant in the morning and will discuss the leads and placement.

Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.