K wire removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm due in a couple of hours to have two k wires removed from my toes, can anyone tell me if they take an X-ray? Does it hurt? Can I have a shower tonight..I'm really scared and one of my toes still. Hurts a lot 🙁

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My k wire removal surprisingly did not hurt at all!!

However because there will be open wounds your feet are bound up again. Yes I was really disappointed. Seems like a long time ago. My op was 9 Feb 2016 and I now have orthotics and walk normally but I am still healing and want to get back to 10 mile walks; OK I'll settle for comfortably doing 6 miles haha

• Posted

Hi Brenda mine didn't hurt either, silly me, I have plasters on my toes and sterile strips, I can have a shower as soon as the wounds scab over. I gave in and bought. One of those protectors and my shower was blissful after six weeks xx

• Posted

Hi! I had k wire in both feet and I did not feel anything. Not even pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.