SVT - Hard to relax!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have just been discharged from hospital with an episode that lasted almost 1 1/2 hours at 220 beats per minutes

Had 6ml twice of adenosine which eventually worked but was still stuck on 140 for a while.

This week the skipped beats and palpitations have never been as intense in the 2 years I have had it. Has anyone else had this? It's almost like I knew something was going to happen but the days leading up to it the skipped beats were very regular! Am seeing my doctor on Monday and want to be referred to a cardiologist.

Does anyone else have a gradual build up to an svt attack?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

Was there anything before your attack that may have led up to it..I've noticed when I'm having a good spell with no SVTs for a while I'm usually not as careful ..like drinking too much caffeine or spicy foods or even from being sick and you become dehydrated or your potassium is low.

• Posted

Hannah I have what I call 'wobbly ' days. My heartbeat is all over the place and I just don't feel right . I usually put it down to being exhausted. I've been on holiday for over a week now and not once have I had any palpations or felt out of sorts.

• Posted

My bad episode was the opposite. Hadn't had even a tiny flutter or palpitation in months. Then had 40 minutes of 180, stopped by 12mg Adenosine. Then for the next month there short episodes of fluttering and palpitations almost daily. Like my heart was irritated. And now that I have this 3 week monitor on, it has settled down almost entirely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.