Day 4 on lexapro

Posted , 4 users are following.

Bad headaches, feeling down wondering will I get back to normal, is this normal?? The headaches? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yup headaches are normal I had headaches for at lease 2 weeks then they went away
    • Posted

Absolutely tho imo Tylenol doesn't work on me at all. I took ibuprofen. It's not good for you but it was the only thing that worked

• Posted

Yes that's what I want to take and doc said I could but guess I worry it will interact with my bp med smh but your right Tylenol does not do much for me either

• Posted

Hi Bigmarlon. its common on escitalopram to get temp side effects for a few weeks when you start this med or increase the dose. side effects might include feeling sleepy , increased anxiety especially in morning, increased sweating & headaches, but they normally disappear in 2 to 3wks. I've been on this med at 15mg taken in the morning for over 4yrs & it works very well for me for longstanding anxiety & depression. its also important you take this med in the morning (my doc & pharmacist both emphasised this). for headaches, try taking 2 paracetomol plus one ibuprofen after something to eat or half a pint of milk(to protect your tum) the combination often works for stubborn headaches. hope this helps a bit, all the best to you.

• Posted

Thank you for responding, the more I hear the better I feel about this med. again thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.