Laser therapy for plantar fasciitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had any success with laser therapy? I've tried everything but nothing had brought me any real relief, not even for one day! I teach and stand to deliver my lessons and also have to circulate throughout the room. I am in extreme pain by the end of the day. Depression has set in and I'm seriously considering doing my own foot surgery. Too many people suffer from this condition for there not to be more aggressive therapy. Has laser helped anyone? Tthe cost is out of pocket so before I waste my money, I'd like your input. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello!

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but ice recently have 5 sessions of shock wave therapy. This seemed to be working and really helped with the pain but by the 5th session I was back to square one. It's a risk but effects everyone differently so I chanced it and paid out. To be honest, at the moment I'd pay anything to stop this pain

• Posted

Hi,

There is nothing more sad than to hear someone who has tried everything and not obtained the relief they sought. My sister suffers from it and had one session of acupunture 3 days ago and she advises that she has had some relief. I am not medically qualified (apart from and O level in Biology many decades ago) but I would advise against own foot surgery (I take this to mean amputation biggrin). I am an online retailer of plantar fasciisis insoles and my sister tells me that this is what gives her relief. I am not allowed to give my details but I would urge you to try them and perservere if you haven't done so. These products are made with the help of experts and I do think it is an avenue to pursue. I wish you the very best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.