I was diagnosed 2 years ago when my pituitary glans blew up to triple their size.

Posted , 4 users are following.

THere wasn't any treatment and the glands went down.  I did have a lung biopsy that did result in Sarcoiddosis diagnosis.   Everything looked good as did all other tests thank God.

Recently I had uveitis which they said was brought on by the Sarcoiddosis.

Now I am being treated for diverticulitis and a uti.  I don't know if these are a result of Sarcoiddosis but I am having quite a hard time getting my energy back.  Is this something anyone has had,  is it harder to recover from colds etc?

I have watched this forum and know I am one of the lucky ones but I'm getting so tired of the fatigue. Insights?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm convinced that my bladder problems are connected with my sarcoidosis given that it will attack any lining of any organ in the body. Tiredness is very much a part of sarcoid. And last but not least with a compromised immune system it does take longer to recover from infections. I was always picking up any bugs or colds that lead to horrendous sinus infections when I was at work. Sorry to be such a profit of doom!

• Posted

Hi Nancy,

I wanted to give you such a big hug when I read your post. I remember that feeling of being so tired; tired in your bones. And the feeling of being overwhelmed by the lack of relief.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I remember trying to talk to my Dr about it and his rather unsympathetic response of 'I can't respond to tired / fatigue, there's no way to measure it. It's too subjective.' But if you've had Sarc then you really do know that the fatigue is real & unlike a healthy person's 'tired'.

I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you, I'm afraid, while you have active Sarc you will probably struggle with exhaustion. Cut yourself some slack & expect that you're not going to have the stamina of a healthy person. It's natural to feel tired and to reach your limits more quickly than you may have if you were well.

As for the Diverticulitis/ Uti... I don't know if they're connected to the Sarc. They may be or they may not be... you'll probably never know.

I hope they feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Nancy

I have diverticulitis as well but I do not know if it is related to Sarcoid.

Energy level drop is a big part of Sarcoid so whilst it is hard to live with it is a big part of the condition...so this is normal for us.

The fatigue is real & unlike a healthy person's 'tired'.

with a compromised immune system (which is Sarcoid) it does take longer to recover from infections so whilst this is bad to live with it is still part of Sarcoid.

Best of luck with your recovery

Regards

Tangles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.