What my Doctor said

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw the doctor on Friday who listened to the bp readings I took, he took one himself which was high. He wants me to do them again over 6 weeks taking a reading twice a week & then find the average bp & then go back to see him. He said that he would check my blood again in six months time to see how I my kidneys are doing.

I have stopped taking Ibuprofen & esomeprazole but I'm really suffering with pain from the fibromyalgia now. It's so difficult to know what to do. I'm on tramadol & amitriptylene but it just doesn't seem to help, the ibruprofen obvoiusly did. I just don't want to damage my kidneys anymore though.

i am now watching my potassium intake & cutting down on salt. So I hope that next time I have a test things will look better. 

I hope everyone is ok & thanks once again for all the help, I learnt more here than I did from the doctor. It's a very useful site.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Depending where the pain is, you can use iboprofen gel to rub in because not so much of it enters the blood stream.  I use it for bursitis and it is very good used morning and night.  You only need a very small amount to rub in.  Make sure you get the strongest one- 10% though.
    • Posted

Thanks Lyn

My hands are the worst, then my jaw. I have some gel so will try that.

• Posted

Hi there

Yes it's really hard it's like being stuck in a 'rock in a hard place' my kidney function slumped with anti-imflammatories. Currently I'm only being offered paracetamol for arthritis in my feet and hands eek. I will see the Renal clinic soon and take advice. I would rather the pain than kidney function, but long-term pain is not great anyone. I hope you are finding the gels helpful. I am sorry you have fibromyalgia as I heard it can be very painful at times. Hope you keep well and take care xx

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth

I'm the same will put up with some pain rather than take anything that will damage my kidneys. I may try & find another pain killer with the help of the dr if the pain becomes too much. xx

• Posted

Dear Willieby

Hopefully we will find tablets or gels soon that doesn't affect the kidneys. I will let you know how I get on at the renal clinic.. take care xx

• Posted

Thanks for that.

It will be interesting to see what they say. Hope you get on ok xx

• Posted

I've noticed that if I take my mediation (Enalapril 10MG) in the morning, my blood pressure does not stay low the entire day.   What I am now doing is breaking the tablet into three parts, and monitoring my bp 3X a day to find out when it has risen to a threshhold level.  When it reaches my threshhold I take one of the three pieces.  By this method my bp pressure remains low throught the day.  You might want to consider taking medication in 2 or 3 separate sub-doses.  Hope this is helpfull.        

• Posted

Thanks Henry

I will look into that. Good advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.