What are the best shoes to wear

Posted , 2 users are following.

5 weeks post op, every day I can do a little more smile scar on top of the foot is still sore and the scar down the side of my big toe. Ankle and ligaments sore if I do too much..still elevating as much as I can. I am wondering what kind of footwear to buy for when the sexy boot comes off..I thought maybe I would be given a flat surgical shoe after the heel one, but seems they just expect you to go from heel bearing only to normal shoes and walking? nervous about that one..as I still rely on my crutches quite alot..although the last 2 days I have walked outside..usual 10 minute trip takes about 40 minutes but progress and trying to strenghten everything, no pain..no gain :P Trainers/boots which would be best for less pain on the  surgical incisions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

In my opinon the best footwear for me was my trainers. I had to widen the right trainer to allow extra room following the op as still very swollen still after 5 weeks. I still can't get into any other shoes, so am wearing my trainers and sandals. Good luck with your recovery

• Posted

I was thinking of getting trainers..not worn them since I was about 16 though..but street cred has gone out the window. I wasnt sure about pressure on the top of my foot and the side where the incisions are..and have become quite reliant on my heel boot..maybe I could buy a left one and just live in them from now on :P I havnt even tried to put a shoe on my surgery foot!its still very sore and apart from when I sit still I have a bandage on at all times.
  • Posted

Hi Samantha

In my opinon the best footwear for me was my trainers. I had to widen the right trainer to allow extra room following the op as still very swollen still after 5 weeks. I still can't get into any other shoes, so am wearing my trainers and sandals. Good luck with your recovery

• Posted

Sorry predictive text has spelled you as Samantha not Sami!!!!!

• Posted

Anything is better than the heel bearing shoe now..its beginning to annoy me lol...just want to be able to start getting my foot flat now as my toes wont even touch the floor when I take it off. I looked up about MBT shoes..might invest if cheap enough on ebay :P Tried to see if I could put my foot to the pedal on the car today...dissapointment..not able to yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.