Could it be?....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I have some symptoms and I'm wondering if any of this sounds familiar...I started getting a lot of mouth ulcers about a year ago, sore gums and then sore throat/voice. Gradually I started getting increasing other digestive symptoms. I've always been prone to loose bowels or constipation from the smallest of triggers but I have been getting bloating, gassy, gurgling tummy. I also have a little burning/heartburn so the doc has prescribed PPI meds for acid reflux but it's not really helping. Food feels like it isn't clearing properly. I've been prone to low iron and had to take tablets both times I got pregnant. I've also been getting easily fatigued and just a general unwell feeling. I've also had some tingling and numbness in my hands and feet although I'm wondering if this could be stress related. I've had a load of tests including full blood count etc and everything looks normal. I'm now wondering if it's worth pushing for a celiac test. I don't think all my symptoms can be attributed to that (I'm feeling pretty stressed feeling rubbish all the time so it may be causing some) but a number of them do seem to tie in. Does anyone else relate??

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I get mouth sores but I haven't been fully diagnosed yet. I also get diahrrea and stomach blotting.. Dr's did a endoscopy and it came back suspicious for celiac because I had decreases folds in my duodenum. But the biopsy came back with the villi just fine.. I have been gluten free for 6 years tho so the biopsy could have been a false negative.... I will send u what my sores look like when gluten I said consumed or cross contamination.

• Posted

Never mind I can't send a pic

• Posted

I definitely think it's worth getting checked as its just a simple blood test. You have a lot of the same symptoms I get, but I have an endless list of symptoms. Mine all started after I had my baby in 2015 and then followed with mono for 6 months. For the past year and a half, I have had many stomach issues, gerd, severe regurgitation, severe Bloating and gas, chronic constipation, stomach aches and pains daily, I get nauseous weekly, loss of appetite often, chronic sore throat, chronic post nasal drip, burning sinuses sometimes, daily headacjes. I get flashes of light and spots in my eyes daily, blurry vision, hot and cold Sensations on my skin everywhere every now and then, buzzing, tingling, Numbness, and twitching all over, especially in my face, chest, feet and hands. Hot flashes, and cold flashes. My feet get very cold especially, amd my toes start turning a purple color. Swelling in my feet amd hands. A very out of it hazy, almost like a high feeling in my head, brain fog all day everyday. Light headed and dizzy often. Joint pain, a muscle tired feeling. Heart palpitations and fast heart rate. Pressure feeling in my chest and head, shortness of breath often. Sores in my mouth often, or my mouth gets raw very easily with foods. Tired and no energy all the time. Sleep very very heavy, it's hard to wake me up once I fall asleep. Restless leg syndrome. Swollen lyph nodes in groin amd front and back of neck. Muscle tightness sensations in my neck and face. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but there's so much I can't even keep track anymore, sorry the list was so long lol. But I had so much blood work done, from vitamin deficiencies to diabetes to anemia. Had my blood checked for clotting, had a cbc done like 5 different times. Had another mono test to see if that's still there, had a spinal tap done, had an mri of my brain, had 3 chest x rays, had a stomach cat scan, had and endoscopy and colonoscopy, even went amd seen a oncologist and he took blood to see if there any reason to believe I might have cancer. The docs all said at over all everything looks good, amd all blood work as good, other than my red blood cells are a little smaller than normal, but no cause for that they could find. The Gi doc diagnosed me with GERD and colitis. And I wore a heart monitor for a month and had a heart ultrasound done and showed I get frequent pvcs and have tachycardia, and have two leaky heart valves. So after trips to the doctor and blood work and scans being done and they couldn't really find anything serious I kind of gave up and stop searching for what's causing me to feel so sick all the time and just tried to learn to live with it. But then I read a forum about celiac disease and how there's two to three hundred different symptoms that form from celiac disease and everything that you and I have named is among that list. So I went into the doctor and told him this and he referred me to an allergist which I went and saw 3 days ago and he sent me to the lab to get all kinds of blood testing for food allergies and food intolerance testing also celiac disease and told me that I would have the results this coming Friday so in about 4 days. I can come back and let you know what they say about my test results because if I'm positive there's a good chance you will be too since you have a lot of the same symptoms that I do. Since it's been a while since you wrote this I don't know if you're going to check this or not but I thought I would give it a shot and tell you my story and that I'm testing for celiac and waiting for the results just like you said you wanted to try and do so in closing I will come back and let you know what the test results are and I pray that we both start feeling better sooner rather than later thanks for your time. Good luck with everything

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.