Tonsillitis and wisdom tooth???

Posted , 3 users are following.

This morning i woke up with terrible throat pain with white payches on my tonsils which are slightly swollen. I always seem to get thsi every so often! Throughout the day i have noticed my left side on my wisdom tooth area which hasnt come through yet has swollen alot and is really painful to touch! I cant feel a tooth coming through, it just feels spongy and the swelling is overlapping another tooth with blood but not actually bleeding!

Is this a sign of infection and should i be worried about it?? Or could it be a wisdom tooth?? Im scared that it could be an infection spreading!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use to be a dental assistant. Sounds like your wisdom tooth is impacted. This causes problems with the gumtissue. If you ever notice a white pimple on the gum line this usually means abcess. You definitely need to see a dentist because this will only continue. Infected teeth cause problems with the teeth roots next to the tooth causes problems with bone loss and causes inflammation to gum tissue. Your tonsils sound like tonsillitis. Go to the doctor and see what he says about tonsils and impacted tooth he may treat tonsils and refer you to a dentist. Let him diagnosis the gum tissue problem maybe it's not the tooth. Good luck don't put this off.

• Posted

Sounds like u have 2 things going on. Do u have a cold ? White patches on tonsils usually means infection (pus like?) the fact that you can see your tonsils means they are big. Are they normally enlarged?

Wisdom teeth hurt get that seen to soon. Just cos u cant feel them does not mean they are not growing. One of the problems is thay are often impacted. The may be growing sideways and u will need an x ray to be sure.

With infection. It's usually considered viral. At the 10 day mark its probably secondary infection. U will need to see GP who can direct u re antibiotics and pain relief.

• Posted

Thankyou both for your replies. I had an xray in july on my wisdom teeth and he did say mine are close. However they looked normal. I am going to get a doctors appointment tomorrow so i can be sure what this is. In the meantime i have some throat spray and numbing gel for the gum.

Im just worried that this possibly isnt a wisdom tooth problem and that maybe its an infection my throat that has spread! 😫

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.