2 red marks have appeared where the shingles rash started 6 months ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had shingles diagnosed at the end of March this year, and it started with 2 red spots on my forehead, itching and burning, and a stinging feeling, I went to the dr the following day and was diagnosed , I have had problems with my eye ever since!! my vision is ok but it itches every single day, also my forehead and eyebrow and eye socket! I am now worried that the shingles is returning as I have two sore red marks where the rash was before.. Luckily i have some aciclovir over from before so I am taking them just in case!! It's bad enough having to suffer the discomfort for 6 months, and i can't imagune having to go through it all again!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jane,

I am sorry this wretched disease is starting up again.

I would go immediately to your physician or A&E and ask for Famvir (Famcyclovir) or Valtrex (Valcyclovir) as they are more effective than Acyclovir.

You are correct in starting the antivirals immediately. I am certain that you know exactly what works for you.

Best wishes to you.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

It is Sunday but I will make an appointment with the dr tomorrow, I think the red marks might just be sores where i have scratched my forehead, I'm hoping that is all anyway! so i'm not going to hospital to wait all day to be seen as I have no symptoms,  

• Posted

By the way, it's smame that the antivirals didn't stop the the complications i have had, as i took them the morning after the rash appeared last time! The worst time was when it re-infected and my forehead was red raw!!

• Posted

Jane,

Well, I shall hope for the same thing...your itching is bad enough. Usually, when it reoccurs, you have other symptoms... I am starting up again...

Please keep me posted.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Oh NO, poor you, I just can't imagine having to ever go through it for a 2nd time let alone what seems to be forever for  you. If I ever had it again I pray it would be anywhere but on the face especially my eye, it was so worrying, re my eyesight but I have been told that it  is normal thank goodness! I really hope you are not getting it again, and thanlk you for all the support you give to all of us on here, it is such a help!

• Posted

I have shingles and the anti viral drugs take forever to work. Also see your eye dr. I can spread to the eye. 

If you have a numbing Gell that can help antihistimes help too!

my dr went ahead a gave me the immunization injection for shingles after the first breakthrough it has prevented frequent and serious breakouts since. Ask your dr for the shingles immunization it can still be given and help future breakout from becoming severe. 

• Posted

I don't think it is re-ocurring, i think it might just be where i have scratched my forehead. The immunization is not free unless you are 70+ so if you are younger and got it free you are very lucky, as it costs mbetween £100 and £200 otherwise, money I don't have!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.