Hi I was wondering I've been diagnosed with type 2 changes of the spine in T1 T2 and T9.

Posted , 2 users are following.

When I have researched the condition it seems to mainly affect the lower back. I have been told that exercise will make it worse. My own GP had to look it up.on his computer to see what it was so what chance do I have?. I'm in constant pain and have been told this is as good as it gets for me. I'm on 15mgs brutrans patches for pain and 150mg efexor for depression due to this condition. I have 2 use to walking sticks to get about which also cause pain in my back and to top it of I've had fibromyalgia for 15 years but its been really bad for the past year. Hopefully someone can help.or advise Mr with this as I'm at my wits end. Many thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too have lower bck spinal problems, i was on a scooter on my way home from school i got ran over took over a hr to find me in the ruble. I get a shot near my tail bone i think its called cortazone. I am prescribed 2 pills a day of morphine 30mgs, i dnt take that much anymore. I take 1 pill now a day of 30mgs but i cut it in half, but also take tramidol 3 times a day with a baclofen really good nerve/muscle relaxer but u gotta take together they only wrk with a pain med. Im srry to say even wen i took the full dose my pain didnt always subside. Ive learned some tricks. A very hot bath as long as u can handle some traquil music helps while ur in thier. When u wake from sleeping some steaches wat i look 4 wen stretching is for my bck to pop. I was also told not 2 lift more then 10lbs. Every1 knows that is hard, but the excersise is a gud thing find mild back streaches n minor low maintenance excersises to strengthen ur bck. I screwed up n layed in bed most my days & now my bck is worst. Actually so bad i stopped my pacing is wat my family calls it, but got no muscles @ all anymore but noticed wen i came bck home all i wanna do is lay in bed n ive become agoraphobic again. Ive been trying to find these excersises i used to do but where i moved it dnt come on plus its gotten hard 2 b up @ 5am. Try n start with them streaches and work urself up to low resistance back work outs, i like my walks/pacing plus it strengthens ur legs as well dnt do crunches or sit-ups just yet, thats a goal for the future. Yoga is great with the breathing excersises is great plus the breathing helps alot with the pain. Get yourself a good pain management take ur extras & mri's best to go prepaired. Find out about the shot its last between 3-6 months depening on the kinda shot u get. They knumb it so all u feel is pressure n knumbness but pure bliss afterwards and last long too. My ins dnt cover it so im lucky if i can get 2 shots a yr @ the price. Good luck. Plz dnt just lay around like i did now i have to use a electric wheel chair if available @ most stores or by the time we are done i have ny head between ny knees the whole way home with the heat killing me a uncontrollable thirst, if u do find any good low strain excersises pkz let me know..good luck eileen

• Posted

Hi and thank you for responding. My problem area is at the very top of the spine just below the neck bone. They can't operate or give injections because there are no blood vessels or bone marrow in this area. It has been replaced with fat that you have in your lip and stomach. I have been told to do no exercise as this aggravates the condition and makes it worse. I try to as much as possible around my home..I'm just frustrated as no one seems to have any knowledge of it and I feel my doctor isn't taking it as a serious painful condition. They can't treat what they don't understand. Hope you keep well. Good luck

• Posted

I to was getting upper back/neck pain but i think it was due to my boobs jumping up 2 sizes like over night. When we moved here I was a 36/38 B then went 2 a 38 C n then a 38 D. I lost some weight in a bad way im in a sports style bra a lg. It might b a C or a B, too scared to try on old bras. Now this is going to sound weird mayb strange. What i did was rotate my neck all around and in every and any direction so i heard pop sounds till it stop. Try it. It might hurt at first if never done b4. I did a couple times a day, i dnt do it much anymore. I just do it wen im aggravated, stressed out, or just as a tweak. It might hurt at first if nvr done but oh after a bit its i cant discribe the feeling. Its just great. Idk if any excersise for that area @ all.
  • Posted

I too have lower bck spinal problems, i was on a scooter on my way home from school i got ran over took over a hr to find me in the ruble. I get a shot near my tail bone i think its called cortazone. I am prescribed 2 pills a day of morphine 30mgs, i dnt take that much anymore. I take 1 pill now a day of 30mgs but i cut it in half, but also take tramidol 3 times a day with a baclofen really good nerve/muscle relaxer but u gotta take together they only wrk with a pain med. Im srry to say even wen i took the full dose of my pain meds it didnt always subside. Ive learned some tricks. A very hot bath as long as u can handle some traquil music helps while ur in thier. When u wake from sleeping some streaches, wat i look 4 wen streching is for my bck to pop. I was also told not 2 lift more then 10lbs. Every1 knows that is hard, but the excersise is a gud thing find mild back stretches n minor low maintenance excersises to strengthen ur bck. I screwed up n layed in bed most my days & now my bck is worst. Actually so bad i stopped my pacing is wat my family calls it, but got no muscles @ all anymore but noticed wen i came bck home all i wanna do is lay in bed n ive become agoraphobic again. Ive been trying to find these excersises i used to do but where i moved it dnt come on plus its gotten hard 2 b up @ 5am. Try n start with them stretches and work urself up to low resistance back work outs, i like my walks/pacing plus it strengthens ur legs as well dnt do crunches or sit-ups just yet, thats a goal for the future. Yoga is great with the breathing excersises is great plus the breathing helps alot with the pain. Get yourself a good pain management take ur x-rays & mri's best to go prepaired. Find out about the shot its last between 3-6 months depening on the kinda shot u get. They knumb it so all u feel is pressure n knumbness but pure bliss afterwards and last long too. My ins dnt cover it so im lucky if i can get 2 shots a yr @ the price. Good luck. Plz dnt just lay around like i did now i have to use a electric wheel chair if available @ most stores or by the time we are done i have my head between my knees the whole way home with the heat killing me a uncontrollable thirst, if u do find any good low strain excersises pkz let me know..good luck eileen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.