Anxiety or panic attacks prior to diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experienced anxiety and then Notice breakouts?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi garbear. oh yes I had such anxiety with the LP. It made my outbreaks so much worse. Stress is a definite enemy. With all the burning, itching, pain, discomfort that comes with LP its almost impossible to not stress. I had a bad flare of LP that lasted a year. I just wanted it to go way and thought it never would. My anxiety was for me right beside my LP

Good luck to you and God Bless!

Kristyk

• Posted

Thx Kristyk, I'm new to all of this LP drama and trying to find the most info I can about the disease considering not much is know about it. I have found that ice packs help with the symptoms though. Mine is a moderate case in that it's not wide spread but I have noticed as I am more stressed the more persist the symptoms become.

• Posted

Hi, its Kristyk again. I did have anxiety attacks before my breakout. In fact I was told that's maybe why I developed the LP.

Forgot to mention that.

Kristyk

• Posted

I'm thinking there is a link between the two for sure.

• Posted

I have OLP and stress/anxiety definitely make it worse. 
    • Posted

Thax cookie, I found that my main source of Anxiety was the supplements I was taking mainly coconut oil. Ever since I took it out of my diet I've had no attacks. Also I've found breathing technics help to calm myself if I noticed one comming on as the coconut oil worked it's way out of my system.

• Posted

Oh 100 percent. I got mine after my mom was diagnosed with cancer and my girlfriend of six years left on the same day. I'm 20 too, so it's so bizzarre that that happened at my age. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.