Carpal Tunnel post op pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear All. I had my op 4 weeks ago and my fingers, especially my index and middle fingers, are still numb and my hand is generally weakened. It feels swollen a lot of the time. Is this normal, or has the op gone wrong?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it depends what your nerve conduction results were like before surgery - do you know them? Dr J Bland
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back. I don't know them in detail but I understand they were not good, and that my tunnel was very restricted....

• Posted

If you can get the actual results we can look and see if they were bad enough that one should expect a slow recovery  - but we would need the numbers I'm afraid. JB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.