X ray perthes disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

Perthes disease, is there any other perthes sufferers, first time I seen my x Ray today, thought I could add a picture

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I didn't know this term until I looked it up must have made your childhood pretty rough.

There are several forum members who have thisdisease but used the term avascular necrosis. Hopefully they will chime in. If not, search the site and look for discussions with this term in the heading. I seem to recall 6 or more..

Re photos - I think this function is only available on a desktop versus a tablet.

Give us a little more info re what you are looking for. Forum members are really wee-informed and generous and eager to help other hippies.

Big hugs,

Linda

• Posted

Hi maria, 

Warm welcome to this wonderful forum -

I agree with Linda - we would love to know more about you -

We have members of all ages and in all stages on this hippie journey - 

you are not alone anymore -

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi, I had Perthes disease when I was young and wore a brace on my right leg for a year and a lift shoe on the left foot. Ironically my hip replacement was on my left hip not the Perthes side. 
  • Posted

Hi Maria, I am 52 years old.  Was diagnosed with perthes at the age of 7. Had 2 years on a frame and was active until the hip became painful.  I'm now 8 weeks post THR.  The hip had no cartilage left after years of osteoathritis and I also had a 4cm difference leg length.  The new hip is fantastic and the surgeon also lengthened my leg so both legs are finally the same.  I have gone back to sports and I couldn't be happier.  Are you needing a replacement?

• Posted

Congratulations Helen. You must feel so free now! What a wonderful thing.

Best wishes,

L

• Posted

Mine was never detected as a child, I just thought that I was just not flexible like most people as I grew up, then about a year n half ago the intense pain started, went for an x Ray and diagnosed perthes , am scheduled for surgery in 4 weeks as injections stop having effect after first 1
  • Posted

Hi Maria,

Sorry for the delay - I wasn't strong enough to get to our desktop to make sure I had it right.

When you press 'Reply to' a comment box comes up, entitled 'Your reply to .....' Directly opposite this are a series of icon (the first two are formatting options, the next emojicons and the fourth permits you to insert a photo from your system. Just click on it to give the source file. Note - it will only show up in small format, but when others click on it, it enlarges.

I hope this helps and I am glad you linked in with pertinent forum members - it really helps to talk to others who understand your unique situation.

I wish you good luck and patience on the road to recovery.

L

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.