Hair not oily

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is anyone experiencing non oily hair? Usually after 3 days it's pretty oily but since a month of roacutane there is really a drastic reduction in oily hair. Anyone else?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kandeel,

My sister who has just finished her course of roacutane said the same thing - its because the roac strips away all the oil and your skin, nails and hair are all made up of the same thing so it will take the oil from your hair.

I am only one week into my course so i am sure i will have the same thing!

• Posted

Hey Alana!

Thank you so much for your quick reply !

Oh yeah.. Fair enough. That is true ! Actually don't mind it being this way to be fair lol.

Your one week in. Great ! Any changes as such? I hope you get to see results in no time. smile oh yeah and hope Ro worked really well for your sister!

• Posted

I suppose its one of (maybe the only) good side effect!!! I am looking forward to less greasy hair too!

No signs yet, i had really bad acne and have been on antibiotics for a year now. They helped but i stopped for two weeks and it came back so bad. I then went back on antibiotics and it cleared it up now i just have very big red patches sad so now i am on roac to make sure it doesnt come back!! the side effects put me off but i cant deal with it coming back again. How have you found it? What dosage of roac are you on?  

• Posted

Alana,

Same here .. Tried everything. Antibiotics worked for a bit but short lived. Ro was always at the back of my mind but I was stubborn lol. I wanted to get rid of my acne with diet and lifestyle but that again was non sustainable. I mean it's not like I wanted to deprive myself of chocolate and cheese cake forever lol.

So I'm on 20mg. How about you? Lip cracked so bad I can't smile it's so not cool lol. Using this really good lip balm- dr organic ice mint.

Also did your sister experience any constipation?

• Posted

I am on 10mg - my dermo said very low dosage as my acne has gone but just to prevent it from coming back .

Ouch about your lips - i am dreading that. Esp when it gets to winter and you put the heating on i alwaya get drip lips so with roac it wont help at all! thanks for the tip! i got told blistex daily lip condition is good so i bought some and i also use burts bees lipbalm just the original which is good too!

I tried to change my eating too and cut out dairy but i dont think it has anything to do with that - but its different for everyone. i am still scared of roac, i didnt want to go on it but had no choice!

I am not sure about that, i will ask her and get back to you! Maybe try eating more fruit or something?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.