Treatments for Hot Flushes etc

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all Im a 55 year old lady who has just started going through the menopause. It hasnt caused me much problems yet, I just noticed I was getting a bit irritated over things that wouldnt normally bother me.  My main symptom is the hot flushes!!!!  Im getting 8 to 10 every day & during the night.  Not all of them are bad ones but about a third of them are.  I dont know how many hot flushes us ladies can expect so any info is gratefully recieved.  I started taking black closh yesterday, does anyone else use it & do they find it helps? Oooooops hot flush strikes just as Im writing about them!!!!   Does anyone have any other things they take to help hot flushes? Thanks Karen

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm just about over it and I'm 52 so it seems the age range varies quite a bit.

I used Wild Yam to get me through mine; it's excellent. I came across a very expensive supplement that loads of women were raving about. I didn't want to pay that much though so I found out the ingredients and the main one was Wild Yam so I ordered it from my herbal supplier in bulk.

It sounds like a food doesn't it but for those who don't know it's a herb and I used mine in tincture form. I might get the odd hot flush now and then and use it still.

• Posted

The gyn can guve you stuff. I rode it out used nothing. Took a couole of  kind of get a different body when its all done. Inreact differently to stuff, immunw system id different. Its strange. I was a healthy oerson before peri ..kimd of slide down hill a but from there. I post menapause now and its just different.
  • Posted

I rememeber those. Nothing like waking up in a pool of sweat. And usually around this you get dizzy but realize your sweating out a ton so dehydrates you too. It calms down nicely. I got to the point id wear layers and got a vest rather then a coat for winter. You basically walk around rotating sweating, chilled backed to sweats. And turned red so cant even play it off in public haha. Everyone over 50 knows whats going in though. You get a lot of awkward smiles and some even share their stories . Which you do not care about whilst you are having a heat flash lol.

My neighbor couldn't stand the hot flashes they gave her effexor and it controlled it.

i rode it thru. It only went on for about two tears. Most annoyance was asleep and waking all sweaty with a headache. I learned to drink water before bed and when id wake up all sweaty. Otherwise be ready for a whopping morning headache. Im two years post menopause now and dont miss the cycles or the sweats.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.