lump in throat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have fibromyalgia and have a constant lump in my throat I have had a camera down there but found nothing. Was wondering if any body else experiences this? It's no uncomfortable and constant it often makes me cry. Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes my dear, I have experienced that often. I find that it comes mainly because I am under stress. Something I am worried about or I feel overwhelmed about. I find that getting your emotions out on paper or on computer can help to find what is really distressing us. I think stress or worry tends to constrict certain areas like the throat and stomach or digestive tract. 
    • Posted

Thank you. I do find it mainly happens When I'm hurting and feeling low and stressed x

• Posted

Hi grumpybear,  I have had this feeling starting after my first baby was born.  I found out it was anxiety and the throat would tighten up. I was always trying to swallow the lump.  I was given an antidepressant and the lump disappeared.  The antidepressant I am on now cymbalta, does not seem to be working as well as some I have been on, so I make sure I drink enough water and  only decaf coffee. I try to stay calm.  The cymbalta does calm the pain of fibro though, so not sure what to do. Hope I helpd you, as I know how awful that lump can be.   
    • Posted

I should have said the feeling that I had a lump in my throat disappeaed.. I never really had a lump there, just anxiety

• Posted

Hiya grumpy ear..your not really grumpy are you? We all feel like that at times..but it does not define us nor does this rotten Fibro I've had it and what Debbie says was the same for me...Fibro loves any stress its just unbelievable what symptoms we get..,soo try not to worry, you've had it checked out...and nothing has been found..thank God.,you have a lovely day..be blessed..💐😘😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.