stiff neck and dizziness

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi can anyone advise me please

i have mobility problems with my neck gradually over the last few years movement from side to side has become diffiocult .lots of crunchy noise when i try to exercise it.also frozen shoulder on both sides .I have just got on with it as my mum had spondilitus and im imagining this is probably what im getting.The last few days though i have started feeling weird and dizzy when i look down or look at computer at work.also the neck pain seems to be radiating up the right hand side of my head into my ear and on to my eye im getting a bit worried as how can i work if im feeling dizzy and naseous 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi nellybear

what a horrible time you're having and now also feeling nauseous and dizzy must be a worry too I guess. I have similar symptoms but my ache carries on up to the right side of my head but doesn't affect my eye, do you get headaches too? Has your doctor suggested anything? 

• Posted

thankyou for reply.im going to doctors this morning let you know what he suggests went to opticians yesterday eyes are fine.
  • Posted

I would go to a massage therapist who does the trigger point release therapy.  Don't just let it be, or see a chiropractor who can manipulate the neck and give further advice.  I do that when my neck is stiff.

I had a computer I was constantly looking down on, and then put a stack of books under it so you can see it at eye level.  Hope this helps a bit.

• Posted

thankyou for suggestions louise,your right about looking at things at eye level..Im fine looking straight ahead.Going to docs this morning
  • Posted

Nellybear I think you definately need to see your GP. I suffer with some of those symptoms too.
    • Posted

hi there went to docs this morning. took blood pressure, slightly high could not see any problem with ears ,so possibly trapped nerve, or it could still be an inner ear thing? he has prescribed cinnarizine 15mg and hopefully this will help with the unsteadiness .will see how i go.
  • Posted

This sounds like something to go to ER for.  Could be as bad as meningitis.
    • Posted

hi kris

thanks for your reply.i feel a lot better .have not driven car and stopped lifting and i feel a lot better, no dizziness and pain i think i have probably got spondilitus in my neck ,my mum had the same.i am considering accupunture.I would like to have more mobility in my neck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.