Chronical Muscle Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hallo,

The problem includes the following.

I have permanent pain in the in the area of the muscle scalenus and pectoralis on the right side. The result of a Blood Test and an examination of a tissue sample

suggest that there is a neuromuscular or muscular disease in action.

The tiissue sample showed athrophy and some necrotic muscle fibers.

Also the level of creatinine Kinase is 10 times too high.

What can be done?

regards

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Has this been a problem for a long time or just for a few days? If you have a history of muscle pain on activity or exercise (perhaps not usually as strong) which usually gets better in minutes or hours with rest, then I think you should consider McArdle Disease, especially considering the rasied CK level. Go to the AGSD-UK web site, McArdle's section and read the page "Could my problems be due to McArdle Disease?" ). 

https://www.agsd.org.uk/

• Posted

Yes, for a very long time, many years.

And alltough there are facts for a clear muscle disease, the blood test and the degenarated muscle fibers in parts of the muscles below the collarbone on the right side of the body , noone finds a reason and also noone is interested to find one.

The pain allways becomes hard when laying in bed, because if you lay down these muscles get pressure from the underlay.

Is there a clinic in the uk that could bes recommended for complicated muscle disease?

I am from Vienna Austria, but have some relatives in the uk, near london.

Regards

Anton

• Posted

I think you need to get referred to a neuromuscular centre. With CK at 10x normal there is most definitely something wrong - a disease process in action. I believe the three lead neuromuscular centres in the UK are in London, Oxford and Newcastle. The one in London is called the Centre for Neuromuscular Disease (CNMD) which is part of the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery at Queen Square, London WC1. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.