6 week follow up from TAH

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am going to see my GP today as the 6 week note from the hospital has expired and i was advised by my surgeon to go at this time to discuss HRT.

I have read a lot on HRT, probably too much as i still dont know whether i should try and continue without it or not or try alternatives??

I am struggling to sleep, very weepy, had headaches and just generally feel washed out. I am wondering if i should give my body longer to recover or try the HRT

I really dont want to put any weight on and i seem to read that a lot of ladies have done exactly that.

Is there anyone who can relate to my situation and advise... Thanks so much in advance...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Zoe

I'm with you 100% on this. Exactly the Same problem.

So much to the point that my GP prescribed Clonidine hydrochloride tablets. She said if the night sweats could be irradicated, it would help with my sleep, I'd feel better and more refreshed.

So, I knew I didn't want to go on HRT but needed something. I had tried a whole lot of herbal stuff but then read that they were not without their side effects and none of them worked.

I've been on the tablets for almost 2 months now, they are used to treat children with ADHD and do have side effects although I have not suffered with any. You have to have your blood pressure taken because I think they bring it down, and the GP told me to take 2 in the morning and 2 at night but when I got them from the chemist he told me to start off with just one twice a day. I have carried on with this dose and after about 3/4 weeks they kicked in.

I now don't have any hot flushes throughout the day and only suffer with 1-2 during the night. It has definitely helped with my sleep pattern.

I have also cut down drastically on my sugar intake. I've heard people say that this has also helped.

Horrible isn't it?

I hope you find something that suits you.

Jo

• Posted

Thanks jo,

My GP was not my usual one today and has prescribed me a low dose premarin HRT med but im still sat looking at the box as im just not sure about taking them at all.

My friend had spoken to someone today who has recommended a lady care magnet available from boots, i have looked at the reviews which look good, but i need to research it further..

Im so coming back as a man!!

• Posted

Hi Zoe....

With you on that one too! Did make me laugh...😂😂

Let me know how the magnet thing goes if you try it.

The trouble is, I've heard stories of the bad effects that HRT can do, and people saying "don't do it, don't do it" but then I know women that I work with who are on it that say it was the best thing they ever did!!!!

Talk about confusing!!! The Clonidine tablets that I'm on are such a low dose and because I only take one twice a day, I'm kind of thinking that I'm ok with that... For the moment.

Which sort of op did you have Zoe?

Jo

• Posted

Hi jo,

Yes same here, some saying its great and they feel much better but then i read all these ladies putting weight in and being bloated, but the Gp was insistent that you dont put weight on its just it makes you feel better and you eat more, i really dont want to be putting any weight on to go with this horrible pot belly ive been left with.

Ive lost about a stone since the op as felt very nauseaous and had no appetite, so want to try and keep it off if i can.

I had a total abdo hysterectomy, removing ovaries and apparently my bowel and bladder where all stuck with adhesions which they removed, but i know they grow back again 😔

Going to go and get the ladycare magnet today.and i will let you know how i get on, if you look on boots, the reviews are a little mixed but majority are good...

Take care....x

• Posted

Hi Zoe

Yes I read the reviews... If it works, I'm in! It's about the only thing I haven't tried.

Be careful though... I've heard of women becoming stuck to the checkout in tesco!!😆😆😆

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Jo x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.