Bunion surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone else have bad dry skin on the bottom part of the big toe? I've tried lotions and they aren't helpingm

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm only at 4 weeks since surgery and I still have to wear the special boot all the time.  I noticed my toes and inbetween toes and my whole foot seems so very very dry and flaking skin.  I'm just using some very xtra emollient lotion that helps but I think it will just take time.

• Posted

I think if I didn't have the protruding pin, then I too, could take it off, I think, but the boot protects that pin for me.   I'm not supposed to be walking on it yet, without the boot, so if I need to get up at night, then I'm already set with my boot on and I don't have to fumble around getting it on again and turning on the light, etc.  I take the boot off sometimes to relax my foot for awhile when i've got it up during the day and resting- I like it better with it off, too.  I'm looking forward to getting the pin out (but anxious) and not having to worry about the pin or wearing the boot.  It's going to be so much more comfortable sleeping!  I can't wait for that!

• Posted

I don't have any pins. I have two screws. If I'm on my foot too much my foot starts burning and have shooting sharp pains.

• Posted

I too have two permanent screws I am 4 weeks and am experiencing the same burning and shooting pain sensation. I cannot stand up for long periods my foot turns deep red and swells, not fun!
    • Posted

Hi

I highly recommend Aveeno Moisterising Lotion.  It gets rid of dry skin really, really quickly.  You will see a difference in minutes after applying it.

• Posted

I am 8 weeks now from multiple foot surgery..cracked dry skin I just put moisturiser on. At 4 weeks not on the cuts though just close and around the toes. And mosturise the heel too smile

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! Someone also mentioned coconut oil! That would probably be really good! No, not on the cuts
    • Posted

I put vitamin e capsules & coconut oil on gauze pads then placed it where the stitches were, but I would speak with your doctor first

• Posted

That sounds like a great idea! Very healing, I think. Thank you! I will double check with Doctor as you suggested. Have a nice day
  • Posted

Oh, wow, 2 screws? That must be painful. I don't know yet if I will have that kind of burning pain, or not. Hope not ! I'll find out in actually 10 days, when I get the boot off! Hope yours feels better soon - that has to be miserable!

• Posted

I used coconut oil works very well with a toe sock.
    • Posted

Thank you! Coconut seems the consensus - it's great for so many things

• Posted

Yes I went through that also but not just the big toe. It just takes time. Just keep moisturising. maybe with heel balm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.