Severe Blephartis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone try Cliradex or Ocusof for severe conditions? I am using the Wet Ones Red but I need some moisture around my eyes. My eyes are a swollen red mess, itchy, uncomfortable and unsightly. Entire lids are bright red, swelling is entire upper lids and below eye ocular area. I was on Bactrian and zpack.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You can use one drop of tea tree oil with comes size soot of no tears baby shampoo, close eyes wash face with cool water. Scrub along the edge of the eye lids with your fingers..viruses has tea tree oil, but very expensive. The method I mentioned I do twice a day, amazing relief. Dena.
  • Posted

I went through three .months of discouragement but stuck with Red wipes and two months in forked up over two hundred bus 's for the small bottle of AZAZITE that my opthalmologist told me to wipe across my l cleaned lid lines with eyes closed 3x a day for a week and then 2x a day for three weeks. Well the tiny bottles contents had to be handled very carefully but it did help. The I read a out one teaspoon of olive oil with three or four drops of tea tree oil mixing with Q-tip well before applying to upper and lower lid lines carefullyand using a separate Q-tip for each eye after cleaning eyes wit lots of warm water. I use an acne family e wash as I read it kills staph bacteria and bacteria plays a big part in this illness. I am in my fourth month of this, symptoms have calmed down significantly. My eyes weep a bit now, but don't itch. I have no crusty eyes at all. I use eye cream below my lids and even gently into eye corners as I do have very dry even scaleike corners from my three month use of the Red wipes. I did not apply, wait 10 minutes for the bensylcomium ingredients t to work it's magic and then rinse off my eyes, as some sites recommended died. I might have saved myself the dry skin if I had, but so much of all the things I tried when desperate for results was a gamble.

I stopped using the Red wipes and even the eye drops that were my life r for three months and am down to the tea tree oil in olive oil treatments 2-3 times a day. I also stand every morning under my shower with closed eyes aimed at warm spray, then apply my tea tree oil concoction to start the day.

It's difficult to respond on my tablet. I hope you get all of my advi e.

Bottom line: 1t Olive oil,3-4 drops tea tree oil spied with separate Q-tips 3x day.

Good luck k.

• Posted

My daughter told me Ocusoft foam dispenser was recommended by her eye doctor when she got dry eyes due to having the melbonium(?) Glands located ing the lower a d upper lid lines of eyes as being rugged up thus preventing the normal release of the slightly oily film which keeps eyes moist from being released. That is what lid hygiene is all about. Blepharitis is that plus any number of other factors from over population of mites (microscopic, everyone has them), to process causing eye infection, to dandruff being g the root cause, etc.

I bought Ocusoft wipes, Azasite, (auditoriums ophtHalmic solution), dandruff shampoo, two kinds, one with "tar" supposed to be very effective to lather your scalp, allowing suds to run o err your closed eyes for optimal benefits, expensive eye drops (pure, non irritant ingredients), bacterial soap to bathe with (on the off-chance that the mites we all have all of Dr our bodies to some degree, had multiplied at an explosive rate and their dead carcasses were adding to the problem -- that is what the uncomfortable dirtiness is you feel under your eyelids, dead mite carcasses...I know, disgusting).

I did the three times a day warm wash clothes followed by gentle eyelid massages to keep those glands clear and unclogged.

THE THING IS, IF YOUR BLEPH IS DUE TO DEMODEX(what they call this mite I gestation) IT TAKES MANY WEEKS TO DISRUPT THEIR EGG LAYING CYCLE AND REGAIN CONTROL OF WHAT THE NORMAL POPULATION WOULD BE ONCE MORE.

After four months I am approaching that goal and I encourage you to stick with the tea tree oil in olive oil applications. Baby shampoo never worked for me. Get an acne face wash, good to keep bacteria at bay while you continue to disrupt the mite egg laying cycle. Just moisturizer so you don't dry out your face.

Good luck.

• Posted

anges, no tears baby shampoo WITH tea tree oil. The oil kills the bacteria, and mited. My doctor said it is an excellent method. smile

• Posted

Youre right about the tea tree oil, I prefer it with olive oil as I

then leave it on. I dont know if I could do that mixing it with baby shampoo, as its essentially soap.

I think the main thing here is the tea tree oil.

Im glad your symptoms are cleari g up in any case.

• Posted

I agree. I wash with Cetaphil. Do Wet Ones, wait a bit then tea tree with olive oil. During day ocusoft then Wet Ones. It's a challenge.

• Posted

You've hit on the regimen that I was following for

about a month, though I have just recently started using the tto

in the olive oil base. It was certainly a challenge to move from dipping cotton balls in warm

tto with water and realizing that the olive oil base was the way to go. My eyes still weep but are

no longer red all the time or in need of eye drops to maintain my eyes comfortable.

It has indeed been a challenge and having the delicate skin in the corners of my lids dry and flake is still a problem. I'm using Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream sparingly ithere when this happens.

Good luck to all bleph patients!

• Posted

Hi there,im currrently using cliradex and hv seen major improvement but i was also fortunate enuf to get a demodox diagnosis so im using the right tratment.u must get yo rootcause of ur bleph in oder to be using right tratment.i was originallyn n doxy and wasting my time.hope u get to cause of urs
    • Posted

cliradex has the ingredient Tea Tree Oil. Mixed with a little no tears baby shampoo it is wonderful for blepharitis. smile

• Posted

Dena - I've recently read that more healthcare professionals and opthos are saying to NEVER use baby shampoo for bleth (or on your baby). Johnson's has removed the formaldehyde from their ingredients, but it still has dangerous chemicals in it. The reason it has "no more tears" is because of the anesthetic, not because it's gentle or natural.

For years eye doctor were recommending baby shampoo for bleth patients, but not so much any more. Tea tree oil in almond oil macadamia oil is the way to go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.