Colonoscopy today polyps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had colonoscopy today. They found and removed 2 polyps. One tiny. Only 3mm. The other 45mm.

I'm now terrified. I'm reading this big means good chance there are cancerous cells in it. If so what would that mean? I'm supposed to be going on holiday in 2 weeks. I feel so scared. How could I go away with that hanging over me. No way will results be back by then.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you google polyps removal in colonscopy? I think if they are polyps and they remove them in the colonscopy, then they are pre-malignant. This might be pretty scary for you, but I think this is pretty routine and nothing to worry about.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have googled but it's not very clear to me. It's says large ones are more likely to have cancerous cells in them. If it has, what does that mean? I'm feeling sick with worry.

• Posted

Polyps are removed routinely in a colonoscopy. They are not tumors and they are not cancers. They are what tumours are formed from. You don't need to worry.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I've read the larger ones can have cancerous cells in them and one of mine was 45mm stalked.

No one explains anything to you. Nurse just gave me a report saying all was clear apart from these 2 polyps and they have been sent for examination. I'm extremely anxious and I know I should stop googling stuff but would love some reassurance so I can move forward. At the minute I'm just sitting at home getting upset.

Thank you again for your reply. You are all very kind

• Posted

Polyps removed in colonoscopies are pre-cancerous, or maybe very early forms of tumors. They've been removed. Even if there is a problem, it's been caught at the earliest possible stage. You will be okay whatever the results. Recovery is pretty much gauranteed when caught at such an early stage IF its cancerous. Forget it. You'll be fine.

• Posted

Thank you so much. I'm so grateful for you replies x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.