Mirapex and itching

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with RLS about 2 months ago and prescribed Mirapex. It's done wonders for the restless crawly twitchy feeling at night but after I had been on it about three weeks, I started breaking out in hives and itching like crazy. The only other thing I have tried that was new was some shower gel that I quit using but I'm still breaking out and itching. Is itching a side effect of Mirapex? Any one else had this reaction?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I checked with a web site that lists most drugs and it didn't say anyhting about itching.

However its probably not a good idea to put much credance on asking others if they have had the same reaction to a drug.    It might be seen by 100 people whereas many important reactions occur to 1 per 1000 people. The reactions that are recoirded make this sound like a dangerous medicine that you need to treat carefully.   People fall asleep without warning while talking or driving!   Do doctors warn you not to drive?   How seriously do they take warnings like this?

Just interested

Graham

• Posted

Kate I am on mirapex but itching was not a side effect I encumbered. Please note a side effect of mirapex is shopping and gambling. There is a law suit in the states due to these side effects not being know at  the time of the drug being administered.

When I advised my doctor of these side-effects (approx 2 years ago) she was not aware of them.

Itching is listed as being one of the less common side effects of the drug.

• Posted

Hi tori

I'm on miropexin 0.18 mg.

Not noticed any itching. Change your shower gel to rule out reactions to that first.good luck

• Posted

Hi ToriKate

Yes I get itching too, annoying eh?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.