Bartholin Cyst while pregnant

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I have a bartholin cyst. Its extremely painful and swollen so I called my doctor to set up an appointment, but no answer. Recently the cyst busted and is now draining and slightly bleeding. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if it bursting will do any harm to my baby??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Check with your doctor. Unless you have an active infection, chances are everything will be fine. They may run some labs to see if your white cell count elevated. Mine never were infected...just swollen and would sometimes drain on their own. But please be sure to check in with your doc. :-)
  • Posted

Hey Brittany! Congrats on the baby! I have been dealing with Bartholin cysts for over 15 years and have 5 children. I had cyst with every one of them as well. I had a cyst drain/rupture while pregnant (size of a baseball) your baby will be fine don't worry. Just keep cleaning it and relax in a warm bath for a bit. good luck with pregnancy!!!

• Posted

Def see your dr if your worried though. they can drain it for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.