Posterior pelvic floor repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my surgery on sept 29th and im pleasantly surprised at how little pain there is. I was in overnight with packing and a catheter and those were removed easily. I got a little dizzy the first few times i got up the day after surgery but the most ive felt is discomfort. Occasionally i feel a slight pinch or twinge if i move a certain way. Sitting is ok as long as its not a hard chair. Difficult to bend down and of couraw cant lift anything but otherwise i feel perfectly normal. Im quite happy with how thia has gone but i feel like i should be doing more and wondering why i was told to take 8 weeks off work and to continue pain meds so pain doesnt catch up... i took a regular tylenol the first dat at home and thats it. Im wondering should i be feeling more pain? Maybe i have nerve damage or something? Anyone else have it this easy? (Not that im complainng!!)

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it's odd at all. I think we hear more of the "bad" stories online because if we do well we don't feel a reason to post lol

• Posted

Hi Laura. you're one of the lucky ones, I hope it continues that way for you. you might find some more pinches and twinges as the stitches tighten and pull the flesh a bit. This 'honeymoon period' is when you need to be very careful as you may be lulled into thinking you've healed but...... you haven't! It will take 6-8 weeks mimimum so you have to be very careful now not to overdo things and so undo all the work your urogyn did. Healing takes time so continue to do as you were advised and keep posting on here if you have any concerns. Take pain relief as and when you need it now. Lots of us have been there and can advise. Best wishes, Pollyanna. x rolleyes

• Posted

Thanks for your responses..

I guess i should just be thankful! Hopefully there are more people with my experience than not.

• Posted

Hi Laura. I was like you and had next to no pain.

I had 13 weeks off work. The draw back with feeling good is you forget how easily the surgery is undone. I lifted something I shouldn't have about 12 weeks in and have a slight prolapse again. I'm hoping it can be dealt with without surgery. Please be careful!

Xx

• Posted

I am doing great after 3 months with same surgery. havent had ANY problems and Im back to normal life. Not everyone experiences the pain and problems.
  • Posted

Hi Laura.I had my posterior repair on 30th September.I took pain killers the first night but since then the pain has gone and I have no discharge now.I am taking things easy but walking is making me feel better,especially in the sun.My only concern is that I cannot always empty my bladder completely but I am back doing my pelvic floor exercises and feeling hopeful.I am seeing my Consultant on 1st December.I do not think that I will know if the operation has been successful until I start hoovering etc.
    • Posted

How are you doing now 4 weeks later? Im feeling some disomfort minor pain/aching..occasional pinching which i assume are the stitches.. the first 2 weeks i felt great week 3 i had my period and since finishing my cycle ive had this discomfort..almost a throbbing ..

It eases the more i lay down and Advil made it feel less..heavy?? ?!_maybe theres an increase of swelling..

Let me know how ur doing at this stage.

• Posted

Hi Laura.I am 64 so no periods!I have done 2 walks this week of about 3 miles each.I am still taking it easy.I had a feel a few days ago and things seemed ok in my vagina.Do not have any pain but things are not as they were before my prolapse was diagnosed 6 years ago.As someone else said,listen to your body.I think I carried too much shopping the other day!

• Posted

So im 4 weeks tomorrow and still havent had any real problems, very thankful for that! Though the last few days ive been feeling a bit sore.. particularly when im on my feet and toward the late afternoon.. better when i rest but can still feel some slight discomfort. I was due for my postop appt last friday but i had started my period and the office told me as long as i wasnt in pain or having any problems it was ok to rebook 1-2 weeks.. im still off work until December 1st so i still have plenty of time to rest..just wonder if i should br concerned that i felt perfectly fine the first few weeks and going into week 4 im feeling more discomfort ..not pain ..but like a throbby ache..sort of like a headache but down there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.