side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning everyone, 

my husbands been taking Gabapentin 300mg 3 x daily plus citolpram 30mg once a day for a few months now, weve noticed that he's very sleepy all the time is this normal?. several nights ago i was woken by him shaking a bit like a seziure, it lasted a minute or so then he just turned over in bed and it stopped, the follwing morning he knew nothing about it!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Notify doctor

Check side effects

It is a seizure medication and when weaning off of it you have to do it gradually because it can cause seizures while on it I believe that is a side effect so please notify your doctor

• Posted

he's got an appointment monday with the doctor, he doesnt suffer with seziures thats why i was a little concerened, he takes them for nerve pain.

• Posted

A side effect of citolpram can be seizures, both drugs can cause drowsyness.

The big question you both need to ask are the side effects worth the benefit if any these meds are giving. Both are chemical coshes . You really both need to read up on both these drugs and decide if that's really what your husband wants to take. He's been on them a few months, is he feeling much benefit from these drugs?

Gabapentine is particularly addictive and difficult to withdraw from even with a taper programme. Citolpram has numerous side effects its worth looking at them.

Once you have all the information go with your husband and discuss it with your GP. Look at the alternatives there are plenty out there rather than chemical coshes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.