Montelukast Sodium Tablets

Posted , 6 users are following.

What are the long term side effect of the above captioned medicine?. I have heard that it doesn't a kind of give a serious side effect, unlike steroids which are deadly, Is it correct?. Someone told me that it may be taken for months as well, but 10mg for an entire day. Can you please guide me on that?. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sadly I can't offer any advise on Montelukast as I've only been on it a week myself ,

• Posted

Hi syed

ive been on montelukast for a few years now and haven't noticed any side effects. Did however read it can make you more prone to infection however given my asthma has got worse over recent years I am more prone to picking up infection anyway so it would be hard to confirm its the effects of the mess . I found it made a benefit to my health when I first started it

• Posted

Hi I've been

• Posted

Actually I don't have an asthma kind of thing, it's just an allergy which causes excess production of mucus in my chest. I never ever had a kind of attack. I have been suggested to take above medicine on need by the doctor, he didn't ask me to take it daily. He said the problem I have is due to the dust and air pollution in the city I live in, and it can't be avoided as long as I am living there. I want to know if there is any long run side effect of that medicine.

• Posted

I think I'm having a side effect from them ,,,,last few nights I've had nightmares ,

• Posted

I don't like the music eversince I started taking those tabs. That's absolutely true. 

• Posted

Hi Syed

i have been on Montelukast twice since a nasty asthma attack two years ago. At first I thought it was the best thing ever - until I started feeling v depressed. This increased over the nxt few months until I had suicidal thoughts. 

I realised the the only thing different as the M and stopped immediately, I met with my Dr and told him what happened, so I came off them.

i tried them again 9 months late and after 3 weeks, had the same thing. I then looked up the drug on the web and found that in the US it is marketed under the name of Singular and appear to have been responsible for several suicides. I think there is a class action now pending over there.

i wouldn't touch the stuff again.

this is just my experience, but it might be worth you doing your own research too...

best wishes.

jan🙋

• Posted

Hi been on singular for 3years no problem but we probably all react differently
  • Posted

Hi,

I was also started on Montelucast....it made an amazing difference to my breathing...BUT !!!

I started having nightmares, was very short tempered and felt as if I was having a 'personality change'.....could not find any reason for this until I checked the side effects of Montelucast...Problem solved. Stopped medication immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.