Neck pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I woke up Friday morning with sore neck down lie left side sharp pain down my left side for head down to my fingers but thought nothing of it but now I getting

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

See a dr for rays for diagnosis could be compressed nerve in the neck.

• Posted

Anyone told to get an epidural (shot for neck prin)?
    • Posted

Ive had 2 epidurals for hermiated neck disc the first one was marvellous last year and lasted 5 months no pain at all. I had one last week which hurt and has left me with more pain and oddly enough sciatica as well dont know what happened there but was adviced it can take two weeks to work. Personally i dont think it will as the first one worked pretty much straight away .
    • Posted

I never met the MD scheduled to inject my neck with 2 steroids; so I pestered his office with questions; was told him I could not see him until day of injection.  Finally he -- in person -- called me!!  He said the epidural would probably NOT help; he didn't even know I was already scheduled with him for the shot (neck verteba or into spinal canal had not been determined)  In fact he had not even seen my MRI!

Give us an update; did epidural help you?  what was the diagnosis to justify it in the first place?  your symptoms?

• Posted

I have terrible neck pain and it is constant. I thought it was bad posture or I had slept funny but now I'm beginning to think it's nerve damage. I saw my physiotherapist about 6-7 weeks ago where he did some adjustments on my neck, ever since then I've had neck pain, tingling sensation on the left side of my face and head and the same pressure tingling feeling across the bridge of my nose. Initially I was told by my GP that I had acute sinusitis but the antibiotics and steroid nasal sprays don't seem to be doing anything. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow morning and I'm going to request having an X-ray on my neck etc to see if they can see anything.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms??

• Posted

I could not get passed "but now I'm getting "......what happened next?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.