Broken leg after effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I broke my Tibia just below my knee joint when I was 22. I am now 40. Ever since centre I broke it it I have very restricted movement in my ankle and it is constantly swollen. I was wondering if surgery would be the answer. Any feedback would be greatly received.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm 9 months post op. I broke my tibia and fibula when I was 15 and I am now 70 years old. Like yourself I have restricted movement in my ankle and it is constantly swollen. Since I have had my hip replacement the foot and ankle are worse. I've been to see an orthopeadic consultant and he is sending me for nerve conduction tests but I am still waiting for the appointment. When I've been I will let you know what he says can be done.

Brenda C

• Posted

Hi Mazzatron,  Have you checked with your doctor?  I think a medical professional needs to give you a diagnosis based on what you have written and an exam.  A treatment plan with alternatives would allow you to decide what to do.  I think surgery should be the last thing to try since so many complications can result and why put yourself through that?  Perhaps you have been seeing a doctor about this issue since you were 22.  If so I'd change and get another opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.