Why do i feel so chronically terrible

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was disgnosed with iron deficiency back in the summer. I have struggled for many years with health problems but i noticed i was becoming much more fatigued, dizzy and overall sick feeling. My iron levels were checked and ny feritin was a 6 when the normal range is 40-60. I started on slow release iron pills a few days a week due to my senestive stomach and my feritin has went up to 14 which is still not great but better. However i am feeling significantly worse now that the school year has started despite my iron going up. This year ive started a new dance program where im now dancing 6 days a week. I feel awful every day. Could my new intense dance schedule be making this worse? Should i quit my dance team even though i dont want to? Id hate to do that but if its causing me to feel like this then it has to go

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with sever iron deficiency and anemia,I was feeling awful every d
  • Posted

I would wait until your iron was up at 60 or higher because dancing uses a LOT of oxygen so if your body isn't getting enough due to the iron deficiency then it is going to have a lot of trouble getting the oxygen into your cells and put strain on your heart and muscles. are you also taking your B vitamins? it is not only iron that you should focus on because some iron deficiencies are also caused by a B12 deficiency and BOTH are needed for producing new red blood cells and oxygen transportation. Perhaps it would be helpful to do a bit of research and jot down some notes in a special health diary for yourself so you can refer back to it, also maybe structure an eating plan for yourself. Remember als that if you are eating a lot of dairy, calcium blocks iron uptake and absorbtion as the calcium blocks up the same receptor that also absorbs iron so take into account you should not take your iron tablets at the same time or an hour before or after any dairy

• Posted

Also it may be a good idea to keep some jellybeans in your pocket or if you can access this drink called Lucozade [it has 22% glucose in it] and stock up your glucose stores in your liver [glucose is basically what your brain uses for fuel]. Your liver only keeps 4 hours worth of energy stored in your liver so you need to eat at least every 4 hours and also breakfast will definitely help... i never used to eat breakfast but if I don't eat breakfast now, I do get the same dizzy spells and fatigue as with my iron deficiency but since eating breakfast I don't have any more feeling like I am going to pass out at work or when I get home from work laying on my bed for 3 hours unable to move - not even able to sleep just pure exhaustion. it seems to not just be related to iron but it also relates to how much energy/fuel your body is needing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.