Is any one else experiencing hair loss with Bisoprolol or digoxin?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey people. I've been on biso and digi for about 4 months now and I've noticed lots of my hair in the sink. One or both of the two is making it happen. The leaflet inside the packets both say hair loss may be a side effect. Anyone please??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary iv been on meds for Af 2 year now and I thought it was the warfarin causing the hair loss but after reading your comment I now think it may be the Bisoporol I suppose it's a small price to pay for my wellbeing but upsetting nevertheless . Bea

• Posted

Hi Garry, I've been on Bisoprolol for about two years and I have been suffering hair loss for a long time. Unfortunately, there are some other causes of hair loss that may also apply to me, so I couldn't give you a definitive answer.

• Posted

Hi garry ive been on biso for 3 months now. Im 56 and no hair problems. Thank god. Guess you have to go chek with a gp. Maybe its something else thats causing your hairloss. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Garry,

I have been on Bisoporol for just over a year and I have also noticed more hair in the sink and on the brush, I have also noticed my finger and toe nails grow a lot quicker than they used to.

L.

• Posted

Now you come to mention it linda, my nails do seem to be growing quicker. I had thought so but dismissed it. Strange. What are we taking eh? Meds fix one thing and cause something else.
    • Posted

you got that right Garry, my husband always says go to the doctor he will give you a pill that will probably make you ill !!!!!!!!!

L.

• Posted

Hi, I have been taking it for 5 months.

Losing hair and almost bald on the side.

I do suffer with low iron also and take meds for that too, so I'm getting that checked on Tuesday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.