New to all this

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with LS last year during my 3rd pregnancy.

I think in hindsight I have had this for a very long time. I find the itch at night tormenting and every bit of nethers raw.

I.have used 1% steroid cream and am now going on Dermovate for a short period.

Just wondering anyone that found the cream worked how long did it take?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I find that the combination of things I did helped to feel better.

​The ointment or the cream, whatever you use.  The cutting out of too much sugar in my diet and eating gluten free, taking out most dairy.  The use of coconut oil, emu oil, whatever worked best at a certain moment.  The bakings soda baths and rinses. 

​With all that in place I found myself feeling better and better over a period of one year.  Some things, like the cutting out of sugar, were noticeable fairly quickly.  The baking soda baths gave quick temporary relief.

• Posted

Hi there!  I was diagnosed with LS about 1 month ago and am also using Dermovate, The night times for me were just awful as I was getting no sleep.  After using Dermovate for one night it really helped.  The gymnae told me to use this cream for 6 weeks and then i can monitor and use it when i needed to use it!  She did say that I may have LS for my life! I still have lesions and bumps but if I don't use the Dermovate at night I go mad! 

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed 6weeks ago and have found this site VERY helpful! I am using a thin layer of Clobetasol daily for another 2weeks and will then try to titrated down slowly to a maintenance dose of twice weekly. I am using Vitamin E very frequently to moisturize. Also, via this site I have learned about Borax baths and baking soda baths. I ran this by my gyno and she was completelyon board! Check out the other forums on Lichens on this site, there is a wealth of information and support here! Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you Joanna for the tips on those baths, I find that Dermovate cream excellent!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.