pmr back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

went for my blood results 2 weeks back, and they were  good.

i am still on 2 mg  of pred.   but have this  really bad  bottom of spine pain

every morning when i get up,  so bad i can hardly walk.  for about  20 minutes, then it eases  of  considerably.   i dont want to up my pred. as this is the only pain i have,  and am hopeing its not pmr creeping back

my doc  says its  a bit of athritis and take  paracetamol.  my question is    with this my only pain   could it be  pmr

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You do realise this is in the shoulder problems section don't you Pauline? 

In the meantime - night back pain that eases on getting up can be typical of something called ankylosing spondylitis so I would consider seeing my rheumy (not the GP) about it. It can present almost identically to PMR and the two are confused.

I was told the low back pain I had was "a touch of arthritis and you'll have to live with it"  with no evidence at all and it turned out to be purely muscular and was sorted out with proper treatment. Don't accept it until it is proven.

• Posted

sorry eileen   know     about shoulder  section.   and  i do not  have a rumy

never  had  one  so i am thinkng   i would  think  i  will  have to go to docs  foe referal  xx

• Posted

Pauline,

So you were half right since that can cause pain in the shoulders and neck area , So it's okay, someone may have this under the discussion of Shoulder pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.